The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

Same here. Had my best 2 KC drakes selected, the others were made into "peking duck".

Then an EAGLE passed through here hungry, no more KC drakes. Bugger! I also had selected and saved the best couple of pekin ducks to try for a KC/Pekin cross for a hybrid egg duck. Now all my plans are stymied.

Hang in and don't give up. Losses to predators and dogs is all part of this. I have dealt with both from childhood. Now in my 50's, even with the population of people and lost habitat, I have had trouble with both. The latest was from a cooper's hawk (of all things) that killed a nearly adult chicken. Way out of this small killers league, but it had become specialized in quick killing of chickens (started on my neighbors chicks). It has had it's last dinner. Relocation for this predator does not work.
Replace and continue with your plans. Good luck with the breeding program.
My neighbor lost 13 chickens to dogs yesterday, They kill, just for the he-- of it and will return again soon for more fun. I have advised them on measures to take.

Last edited:
I have 6 incubating and will have 6 more going in on Saturday. Khaki Campbell x Magpie. First group of 6 will should begin hatching mid January and second group should be end of January. As this is my first attempt at hatching duck eggs my dates are close but may be off by a few days.

Back
Top Bottom