The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

I'm in love
1f60d.png

My khaki was always more active than my Aylsbury and more oblivious to what was going on around her. She LOVES cuddles too which my Aylsbury isn't so keen on! I wish they didn't poo and that I could have them as house pets! X

Aww! I hope these stay this friendly. The first day they were pretty skittish. But now they come running when i stick my hand in. The nibble on my fingers and take food from my hands. They are so cute! I can wait to find out if they are girls or boys!

Aww! I hope these stay this friendly. The first day they were pretty skittish. But now they come running when i stick my hand in. The nibble on my fingers and take food from my hands. They are so cute! I can wait to find out if they are girls or boys!
u can have them in the my pet chicken sells duck diapers sovu can bring them n

I'm sure they will if you spend time with them every day! Ours were especially tame in summer when we were in the garden every day with them! They sunbathed with us whenever we were laying out on the towels, came running when we whistled them over and Rascal (the khaki) hopped on my knee at the command 'cuddle'
1f602.png
My friends think I'm a crazy duck lady!!!

I'm sure they will if you spend time with them every day! Ours were especially tame in summer when we were in the garden every day with them! They sunbathed with us whenever we were laying out on the towels, came running when we whistled them over and Rascal (the khaki) hopped on my knee at the command 'cuddle'
1f602.png
My friends think I'm a crazy duck lady!!!

Lol! Well i definatley spend enough time with them!! Every singke day. My husband would prob say too much time lol

Is the description of Khaki Campbell's as "nervous" fair? Mine are very friendly and don't seem that nervous or skittish to me. I only have Khakis though.

I have one and a half week old khaki duckings .3 of them . And this is the first time i have had this breed but they seem no different than the other breeds i have had. Only took a couple days to not be scared of me. They run to my hand when i stick it in their brooder. They take treats from my hand. I love them so far. I also have runner ducklings who are only 5 days old and they dont seem xtra skittish . They are already getting used to me. I think its all in how much time they are handled. I think any breed can be skittish and any can be tamed:)

I only have one other duck apart from my khaki and my khaki just seems the opposite to skittish! She's completely oblivious to everything around in in comparison to the Aylsbury who just eyeballs anything that moves. And when either my husband or I try to herd them anywhere, my khaki just squats down to be picked up as she prefers to be carried! Deffs not skittish!

Back
Top Bottom