The McGraw Thread

My McGraws are now four weeks old and the feather patterns are very diverse. All are healthy but there are several runts as well as some with crooked toes. Heavy culling will be a must. Here are some pictures:
71540_p6140047.jpg
71540_p6140046.jpg
71540_p6140041.jpg
71540_p6140037.jpg
71540_p6140031.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
thumbsup.gif
I'm not a big fan of rumpless chickens, so had not read this thread again after seeing the original post some time ago. My loss............................... I really like this version of the "real McGraw" ! They're not only eye candy, but with the build that male has, and the large blue eggs, this is [or could be] a very practical bird also.

Quote:
Congratulations! I'll be lurking here from now on.
lol.png
Best wishes for establishing a breeding program that insures this breed increases in numbers........................................ I'm really surprized they have never caught the eye of the public.

Quote:
lol.png
Best wishes for establishing a breeding program that insures this breed increases in numbers........................................ I'm really surprized they have never caught the eye of the public.

I agree too in the fact that these are not more common!

Dan,

All my McGraws have ether willow or slate legs. Mine are both pea combed and cushion combed, unfortunately, the majority are pea combed. I appreciate your input,

Ryan

Quote:
lol.png

Thank you, I will appreciate any advice on how I might chose a breeding program once they mature and I have an idea on how many birds worthy of breeding I have.

Back
Top Bottom