The Middle Tennessee Thread

Does anyone in mid TN know of a farm vet or one who will prescribe antibiotics for chickens? We have to have a prescription to buy those now, and I have a cockerel with rattling when he breathes and is sneezing some. If anyone has some tetracycline you can spare please let me know. I'll come get it or meet you somewhere to get it.

Thanks!!
I am a farm vet. Not sure where you are....our clinic is in Lynchburg, but we have an online livestock store....PM me!

Last edited:
When the storm hit a couple of weeks ago it put another delay to my setting eggs... I was already 2 weeks behind anyway. So when I set eggs and with my husband saying set them all... I did that ended up being 660 eggs! I figured that since some were over 4 weeks old the vast majority would be clear just from age. I had to put 120 eggs into the hatcher.... well let me tell you that didn't work out like I thought.... I still have 480 cooking but I didn't candle the marans yet. I wait for 2 weeks so I can be sure they are clear. I am going to be in trouble in 2 weeks. Glad the brooders are all empty. On a bright note last hatch was sold out of the hatcher... most of these will be for sale too if they hatch, but I need to keep about 1/2 to grow out to sell for started pullets. There are also a good bit of project birds in there too. That was my last project hatch till fall. I now have them set up to breed pure now.

So if anyone needs any hatching eggs I put up an ad on my Just In Time thread there is a link in my siggy. Easter HAL is coming up quickly.

BTW for those that are newer we have a TN breeders page and If you would like to be added send me all the information in a message and I will update it. OR if someone needs to make changes let me know that too. I need to update mine too.... It will take me a bit to get it done but will get it done as soon as I can. Not going to be able to work on it this week but next should be ok.

@msmeower Dad brought me the eggs I had him pick up from you earlier today and I couldn't be happier with them! Those are some gorgeous turkey eggs and we're all excited to see how the silkies and cochins do. I already had some Malay eggs set, so I couldn't swap out my turner. Ended up setting the small eggs between the turkey eggs, luckily they all fit perfectly! I'm so excited and anxious. Thank you for the gorgeous eggs and dad couldn't get over how friendly the guy he picked them up from was. Looking forward to getting some more eggs when we have incubator room (or finally break down and buy a cabinet.)

Last edited:
Hello. New to chickens, new to backyardchickens.com. I am in North Rutherford county. I have 5 hens who should start laying around April and 6 chicks in a brooder. 3 NH Red, 2 EE for the hens. 2 black sex link, 2 barred rock, 2 mystery bantams which I think are golden sebright.

Hello. New to chickens, new to backyardchickens.com. I am in North Rutherford county. I have 5 hens who should start laying around April and 6 chicks in a brooder. 3 NH Red, 2 EE for the hens. 2 black sex link, 2 barred rock, 2 mystery bantams which I think are golden sebright.

Welcome from north Wilson county.

Welcome from Smith County
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom