The Middle Tennessee Thread

Yeah a vacation to Washington DC without getting political not a chance
hide.gif
if it were about anyplace else we would turn it into our summer get away. I never thought being just outside DC shipping a bird wouldn't be possible...I guess he could be a terrorist in very mini disguise or something maybe he can't get an x-ray I have no idea..oh that's right he can't take his shoes off and he comes with socks..or at least feathered feet. I have driven 700 miles round trip to get a rooster...Levi-those that have come out here have met the insanity behind that trip
roll.png
but I also make 300+ mile trips for my Wyandotte's way too frequently...If I logged the chicken miles they would have a little white suit waiting on me.
We have show bantam Cochin's...Big had wins at National shows and then retired to me for a breeder roo.Unfortunately he only gave me blue chicks and Ethan's love is the solid blacks..not even my black mottled will work for him..the kid knows what he likes
big_smile.png
So,I'm looking for another solid black that has show wins or the potential to have them leading me to the few real top breeders in the Country.Right now I don't have any roos in that pen.

Anne's timing couldn't be worse...those black and blue eggs that had been sitting on my table are now going in my incubator..the last of the Big chicks so instead I'll have to bring her some from my mottled pen and mille fleur pen
th.gif
of coarse all I have seen my roos doing is panting so neither of us may get many...I hear Summer starts in a few weeks

I was wondering if anyone has ever sold at the stockbarn in Cookeville, TN. If so, how does it work. I am thinking of taking my excess roosters their. I know at the exotic sale they sale cage and all. Do they do that at the stockyard sale ? Do you have to be their when they sale your stuff or will they just mail you a check or you can pick up payment and you cages the next day. Any help would be greatly apprecated. Thanks !

Well I'm officially locked down on my first hatch. Got all the water in and the sponge and humidity went right up. Now it's in the good LORD's hands. So out of the 5 I'm left with, I have 2 that I just don't doubt at all will hatch, the other 3 still have air cells that are on the small side but I'm hopeful. Day 21 is Sat. but I'm anxiously waiting already. If anything hatches, I'll get some cell phone pics on right away. Already got some duck eggs lined up to try next... Guess it is addicting.
big_smile.png

Haha yes Matlock it is addicting. I started off with a LG still air off of craigslist and hatching my sister in laws Ee eggs, to buying eggs and hatching. I think I just finished my 5th or 6th hatch oh yeah and bought a brinsea incubator ( so love it)!
fl.gif
my fingers are crossed for you!!

City girl. I am not sure what the whitish one is I have a few hatchery EEs that have some lav color in them it just might be the mamma
smile.png

HBuehler Levi is a gorgeous bird and wow sumner is in a couple weeks wow really not looking forward to that. UGH. I happy with 70-80 degree weather UGH. So sorry about your loss this heat is crazy and that N1H1 sucks bad from everyone I have heard that had it. Again sorry On Both UGH

Brown chick I love that name and makes me start singing everytime
smile.png

Nek I have never been there so I don't know sorry

We are still waiting on some things to be finished here (some business), and today's the last day for school for the two youngest teens.

I would like to ask this question:

Middle Tennessee/Tenneessee legal law.
Will we be able to dam up a springfed creek to make a good sized lake - 25 acres we are serious about, instead of the 6.43 acres we were thinking about.

I don't know how else to look for anything legal law stuff.

Thank you.

country freedom, I am forwarding your question to my brother - - he is a wildlife biologist over at the Tennessee National Resource Conservation Service. He may know what the laws are about that, since he advises land owners as part of his job.

I will let you know what I hear.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom