The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
Arizona is a bit dry. Sounds like saying the ocean is a bit wet. :lau
There's actually snow here and there outside now but I think the problem is that the incubator is so hot.
Here's some feral snow from last may.
20230519_162106.jpg

What thermometers and hygrometers do you all use?
And would you recommend them or no?

What thermometers and hygrometers do you all use?
And would you recommend them or no?
Mine is a Zoo-Med digital one with probes for temperature and humidity. Yes, I would recommend it. Cost less than $30 Metric.
X2 that's what I have, mine is about 3 degrees below in temperature and 4 below in humidity.

X2 that's what I have, mine is about 3 degrees below in temperature and 4 below in humidity.
How do you know though?
I know how to salt test a hygrometer but never figured out a way to test a thermometer that works for me.

Mine is a Zoo-Med digital one with probes for temperature and humidity. Yes, I would recommend it. Cost less than $30 Metric.
Never had any luck with the digital ones with the probes but haven't had a Zoo Med one.

I have cheap reptile hygrometers.

71DsgKoVabL._AC_UL210_SR210,198_.jpg
Sometimes they get off but you can adjust them. I've never used them much but with all the new incubators thinking I should at least check sometimes.
Was looking at analog ones made for cigar humidors. Supposedly they're supposed to be really accurate. :confused:

When I started using the Pepsi incubator I bought probe meat thermometers. They've worked well but I've had several so I can check them against each other. Every now and again I've had one not match the rest so I just toss it.
Last year I bought Govees. Convenient and kind of cool with the app but they suck. Have 3 and they never match. Now this year one is way way off and the other two don't match.
Went back to my tried and true.
41CzcZk7q9L._AC_SY400_.jpg

Got 4 and they all match but neither Govee matches them. I think my incubator has been running a few degrees low for almost a week. :barnie
Tossing the Govees. Problem with the dial ones is apparently they must have changed something because now I have to squint and tilt my head to read them. Idk what happened.
Maybe be looking into getting something different. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom