The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
Arizona is a bit dry. Sounds like saying the ocean is a bit wet. :lau
There's actually snow here and there outside now but I think the problem is that the incubator is so hot.
Here's some feral snow from last may.
20230519_162106.jpg

What thermometers and hygrometers do you all use?
And would you recommend them or no?

X2 that's what I have, mine is about 3 degrees below in temperature and 4 below in humidity.
How do you know though?
I know how to salt test a hygrometer but never figured out a way to test a thermometer that works for me.

Mine is a Zoo-Med digital one with probes for temperature and humidity. Yes, I would recommend it. Cost less than $30 Metric.
Never had any luck with the digital ones with the probes but haven't had a Zoo Med one.

I have cheap reptile hygrometers.

71DsgKoVabL._AC_UL210_SR210,198_.jpg
Sometimes they get off but you can adjust them. I've never used them much but with all the new incubators thinking I should at least check sometimes.
Was looking at analog ones made for cigar humidors. Supposedly they're supposed to be really accurate. :confused:

When I started using the Pepsi incubator I bought probe meat thermometers. They've worked well but I've had several so I can check them against each other. Every now and again I've had one not match the rest so I just toss it.
Last year I bought Govees. Convenient and kind of cool with the app but they suck. Have 3 and they never match. Now this year one is way way off and the other two don't match.
Went back to my tried and true.
41CzcZk7q9L._AC_SY400_.jpg

Got 4 and they all match but neither Govee matches them. I think my incubator has been running a few degrees low for almost a week. :barnie
Tossing the Govees. Problem with the dial ones is apparently they must have changed something because now I have to squint and tilt my head to read them. Idk what happened.
Maybe be looking into getting something different. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom