The Most Beautiful Cross-Breed of 2010! *With Prize*

Quote:
I don't like Silkies and clearly this bird is giving the evil eye , in picture two. I'd watch out for this one. If you ask me this is just the type of bird who will suck out your brain while you are sleeping. I'd lock my bedroom door, if I was you or the next thing you know your on the mother ship with a probe in you.

I'd like to see a horror movie the Invasion of the Silkies.
lau.gif

Be careful, if you end up on the naughty list , it'll be because they snitched.

Rancher

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

LOL!! Shes totally giving me the stink eye in the second pick.. I guess caption should read either "hey get that darn thing outta my face" or "is all that flash really necessary? Shes definitely snitching on me to Santa!! guess im just getting baby chicks this year (have 48 set to hatch for christmas!!!!) Also your idea about invasion of the silkies, thats totally hilarious.. I may just have to make that movie, im sure everyone on here would get a huge kick out of that!!

Last edited:
1st entry

Name: Pingu ( Because he looked like a little penguin when he was a baby )
Cross: His dad was a d'Anver Bantam, and his mom was a mix breed hen that was golden/Orange and had wide lacing.
Weight: Unknown

44401_dsc_0707.jpg

44401_dsc_7746.jpg

44401_dsc_7762.jpg

2nd entry

Name: Peaches
Cross: Mille fleur crossed with a buff Cochin

44401_dsc_8398.jpg

44401_dsc_8402.jpg

44401_dsc_8393.jpg

44401_dsc_8403.jpg

3rd entry

Name: Doesn't have one yet..
Cross: She is a "Royal Bantam". The Royal Bantam is a project my friend and I are working on. There is a farm around here that have mix breed bantams free ranging their farm. They don't intervene any more than they have to ( they give them food, water and shelter), and so they breed by themselves and hatched their own babies and so on. basically creating their own breed through natural selection.
So my friend and I acquired a few of these birds, and have writen out a standard and started breeding towards it.

44401_dsc_7402.jpg

44401_dsc_8361.jpg

44401_dsc_8356.jpg

44401_dsc_8370.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everyone! Thank you for entering, these are all great birds. Remember, the winners will be announced THIS SATURDAY! Post up!
thumbsup.gif

Here is a neat mix. There is no Blue Copper Marans blood or any Marans blood. This girl is carrying the pattern gene to throw genetically a Blue Copper Orpington. I have one other like her in Black. I gave away a Black Copper Orpington cockerel to an Indianapolis Fireman. He now lives out in Danville. So there will be more like her. built to make more Blue Copper Orpingtons

000_9391.jpg

And her lacing is Copper!
We will be using her this coming year.
000_9392.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom