The Natural Chicken Keeping thread - OTs welcome!

Okay...posting over here too. Just some photos of the kiddos. I guess it's natural because they're standing on the wood chips in their protected area
giggle.gif

The SFH kiddos are 13 weeks old now. SHF are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to end up with and they change from month to month until they reach their adult plumage.

Black w/band in front. She has more brown than the other black.

Here they are as little ones.

Black without band.

"Brown" (She still has snake eyes.)

Brown as a little one (kytinpusher's photo at hatch)

This is Emma. She's 1.5 yo. I think "brown" will end up looking much like Emma.

Okay...posting over here too. Just some photos of the kiddos. I guess it's natural because they're standing on the wood chips in their protected area
giggle.gif

The SFH kiddos are 13 weeks old now. SHF are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to end up with and they change from month to month until they reach their adult plumage.

Black without band.

They're beautiful. What is SHF?

giggle.gif

Black without band.

Emma is totally stunning. I didn't realize how different they can be.
big_smile.png

Love your Swedish Flower hens Leah's MOM..

I rescued to wild baby bunnies today...a faimlies dog killed the mom and all but two of the wild bunnies and DNR everyone turned these two teenage girls down everwhere is full..I have three nursing rabbits so i went 20 miles picked them up put them in with two Maran chicks I brooding for a couple hours (my rabbits cages are kind of the chicken run) the were adopted by the mother rabbit..enough good deeds for this week...

Does anyone here have experience with raising meat rabbits on sprouted grain fodder? I've been trying to research it here and at BYH. It seems to be a very divisive subject, so I'm gathering as many personal experiences as I can.

Based on that, so far I'm leaning toward offering pellets, fodder, and hay, and letting the rabbits decide what they want.

What do you think?

giggle.gif

Black without band.

Gorgeous! I am getting SFH in the spring and I cannot wait. I love the story of their heritage as an historical type of chicken. Very cool.

Does anyone here have experience with raising meat rabbits on sprouted grain fodder? I've been trying to research it here and at BYH. It seems to be a very divisive subject, so I'm gathering as many personal experiences as I can.

Based on that, so far I'm leaning toward offering pellets, fodder, and hay, and letting the rabbits decide what they want.

What do you think?
Good quality pellets is all you need. I have Florida Whites, NZWs and various hybrid percentages of the two breeds. All the rest is something to clean up. JMHO.

Back
Top Bottom