The Natural Chicken Keeping thread - OTs welcome!

I'm going to go and try to contract with a local small restaurant that does the whole organic/free range/hipster type menu.
smile.png
Being as Springfield is a fairly decent size city, you might have luck with something like that as well - some downtown bistro type place that has that type of menu. A lot of those places LOVE to buy local - pride
Great idea! If I ever have extras that's something I'm going to try.

And good to see you too!
frow.gif

Hmmm.... things change but stay the same.

Looked over a few pages...

3 cattle panels would make an excellent tractor/run, if you haven't already made a decision.

(4) 2x4's to make a box, shave ends for dragging ( like a runner)

couple of pieces of scrap wood to brace 1 end for stability, brace the 4 corners and tarp and wire and you have a moveable tractor, good for layers or meaties.

Do any of you have tips or tricks on using a homemades incubator? I want to make sure I do all this right
I made one once. There are a few really good you tube video's on simple cooler bators. As I recall this is the video I based mine on. It worked fine. Honestly I only used it once. But it worked.

As I recall this same guy has a few video's good for simple cheap chicken stuff

I made one once. There are a few really good you tube video's on simple cooler bators. As I recall this is the video I based mine on. It worked fine. Honestly I only used it once. But it worked.

Great thank you.

This is by that same guy that had all those sick chickens who Bee posted about a few weeks ago.

We watched one of his videos on how to make a chicken plucker, but it was way too complicated. The rest I see are washing machines. lol.

Back
Top Bottom