The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

What beautiful chicks I think I might have to try some when I decide on what breeds to narrow down to that one looks like a gorgeous color and I really do not care if it is APA recognized or not I just think it might be a beautiful color, congratulations on a very pretty chick

I am also loving the color of this chick! I want one this color...ummm... preferably female. :p

Someone needs to make a Crazy 24hr Auction CHICK Thread because ummmm, I don't think I'm doing very well at this egg hatching thing. It might be chicks for me from here on out.
barnie.gif
I want some of these beautiful chickens though!!!!
My first hatch of shipped eggs only had 2 out of 15 hatch. I was so frustrated!! One of my hatches a couple months ago didn't have any hatch (out of 8). It can be sad, but it is so worth it when you get to see the eggs you incubated hatch, and the little chick comes out.
hugs.gif
. I've learned to lower my expectations, every one that hatches is it's own little miracle.

My first hatch of shipped eggs only had 2 out of 15 hatch. I was so frustrated!! One of my hatches a couple months ago didn't have any hatch (out of 8). It can be sad, but it is so worth it when you get to see the eggs you incubated hatch, and the little chick comes out.
hugs.gif
. I've learned to lower my expectations, every one that hatches is it's own little miracle.
I had 0/18 hatch that came from Florida to California. And then sent a few different orders there and had mixed results. It's hard to know! Between the post office/weather/ egg quality...but like you said so worth it when you get them to hatch!!

It is frustrating me so far... this incubating thing I mean. 0/18 GNH, 0/10 blue wheaton ams, 0/6 Lav Orps (altho the orps had 4 that made it to lockdown, none made it to hatch. fully formed in the shell at eggtopsy but dead apparently about day 20 or so).
hit.gif
I have 12 SLWs in there now, so I am crossing everything I can that they make it. So sad and frustrating. Haven't given up- but its very hard not to!

It is frustrating me so far... this incubating thing I mean. 0/18 GNH, 0/10 blue wheaton ams, 0/6 Lav Orps (altho the orps had 4 that made it to lockdown, none made it to hatch. fully formed in the shell at eggtopsy but dead apparently about day 20 or so).
hit.gif
I have 12 SLWs in there now, so I am crossing everything I can that they make it. So sad and frustrating. Haven't given up- but its very hard not to!
What kind of inubator? How are you running humidity?

Farm Innovator 2200, with two thermometer/ hygrometers inside. 50% humidity til day 18, then between 65% and 70%. Use an automated turner. Cleaned all the parts before use and stabilized for 48 hours before use. Temp stayed btwn 99 and 101 (had one spike to 106, one drop due to power out which is what got the lav orps I think). I have been beating myself up over this and don't know what I did wrong :(

*nods* I do that. Having been a paramedic for 10 years I am nutso about the hand washing lol
Farm Innovator 2200, with two thermometer/ hygrometers inside. 50% humidity til day 18, then between 65% and 70%. Use an automated turner. Cleaned all the parts before use and stabilized for 48 hours before use. Temp stayed btwn 99 and 101 (had one spike to 106, one drop due to power out which is what got the lav orps I think). I have been beating myself up over this and don't know what I did wrong :(
i think they're drowning. I keep my humidity at 20-35 first 18 and bump it up to 60-65 for lockdown. Everyone has a different opinion about it but in my experience I have had dramatically better hatches with dry hatch method.

Back
Top Bottom