The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

Sorry for the dumb question, everyone. If I have shipped eggs arriving within a day or two of each other, I'm fine to toss them in the same 'bator, right? I assume I just let the first arrivals sit on the counter until I'm ready to set? Our very first round of hatching is in one of the bators and just about to lockdown, but I cleared out the second incubator when we took out the duds. Anyhow - those eggs from two BYC'ers arrived on the same day, so I'm a bit perplexed. THANK YOU!

Okay, I have some button quail eggs that I want to find homes for, so I'm going to keep this cheap.

For auction:
20+ button quail eggs
Starting bid $1
Shipping $3.50
Ending tomorrow at 1:00pm

I have four quails, one regular colored male and one regular colored hen (you know the brownish colored ones) then I have two other hens: one is lavender and reddish and one is a white pearl, I get three eggs a day and I will send you everything I have now plus anything I collect between today and when I pack up tomorrow evening and if I get any between when I pack up and when the mail lady comes to pick up on Wednesday morning, I will open the box and stick those in there too. I don't want to eat them and I don't want to hatch them, but they're cool colors and I want someone to enjoy them, but I haven't hatched any yet so I can't guarantee fertility, that's why I don't want much.

Sorry for the dumb question, everyone. If I have shipped eggs arriving within a day or two of each other, I'm fine to toss them in the same 'bator, right? I assume I just let the first arrivals sit on the counter until I'm ready to set? Our very first round of hatching is in one of the bators and just about to lockdown, but I cleared out the second incubator when we took out the duds. Anyhow - those eggs from two BYC'ers arrived on the same day, so I'm a bit perplexed. THANK YOU!
you need to put shipped eggs into the incubator and let them sit on end for two days before you turn on your turner. If you have not turner, you can use egg crates that you cut the tops off of and then start tilting from side to side after two days. This helps to stabilize the air sacs and to keep them stabilized.

Okay, I have some button quail eggs that I want to find homes for, so I'm going to keep this cheap.

For auction:
20+ button quail eggs
Starting bid $1
Shipping $3.50
Ending tomorrow at 1:00pm

I have four quails, one regular colored male and one regular colored hen (you know the brownish colored ones) then I have two other hens: one is lavender and reddish and one is a white pearl, I get three eggs a day and I will send you everything I have now plus anything I collect between today and when I pack up tomorrow evening and if I get any between when I pack up and when the mail lady comes to pick up on Wednesday morning, I will open the box and stick those in there too. I don't want to eat them and I don't want to hatch them, but they're cool colors and I want someone to enjoy them, but I haven't hatched any yet so I can't guarantee fertility, that's why I don't want much.
$1 -- I've been eyeing button quail for a while now.
love.gif

Eggs.. You say you want eggs? O.K.!

Auction #1
Ends 7/8/13 at 10:30pm EST
What eggs: 8+ BBS Orpington eggs - you will only hatch blue and splash as I have a splash roo over 1 splash, 1 black and 3 blue hens. I have 7 eggs that were collected yesterday and today. I will add what they lay tomorrow (3-5 lately) and what they lay Tues. morning before I have to box them up, but they are late day layers.
Starting bid: $10
Shipping: $18, bubble-wrapped, individually placed inside plastic Easter eggs for protection, and double boxed. Shipped priority mail with insurance.
I am not NPIP and will not ship to VA or HI.
Must be paid for by 12:00noon on Tues, 7/9, and will be shipped 7/9

Auction #2
Ends 7/8/13 at 10:30pm EST
What eggs: 8+ SFH eggs - I have 8 hens and 6 pullets laying, covered by 3 roos. I have hatched eggs from 4 different breeders to make my flock. You will get some small pullet eggs in this batch, but not all. The pullets have been laying about a month and fertility is excellent.
Starting bid: $10
Shipping: $18, bubble-wrapped, individually placed inside plastic Easter eggs for protection, and double boxed. Shipped priority mail with insurance.
I am not NPIP and will not ship to VA or HI.
Must be paid for by 12:00noon on Tues, 7/9, and will be shipped 7/9 or 7/10
$15 on Auction #1 BBS Orpingtons

My incubator is still full. . . but that means I can put up eggs for sale!!! I will not be shipping any eggs next week, so grab them while you can.
smile.png

Offer #1
2 sweetgrass and 2 broubon red, no extras.
shipping is $12 in 7 x 7 priority shipping box
TO ship asap
opening bid is $10
last bid considered at 12 noon EST Tuesday

Offer # 2
8 Bourbon Red
shipping is $16 for medium priority or $20 for large
TO ship asap
opening bid is $16
last bid considered at 12 noon EST Tuesday-

please quote which offer to help with tracking bids-- THANK YOU!!!

Eggs will not be available all summer-- these are seasonal layers.

Hatching in the summer is the perfect time as the summer heat is just right for turkey poults. ANd they will be large enough by winter to stay out side to winter over. These make extraordinary pets and are very good eating too. We enjoy them as Sunday dinners all winter long.

All our males have gentle temeperaments and my children collect the eggs every day and feed these big turkeys everyday.

Get them while it's hot!!
big_smile.png

I have 12 Bantam GL Wyandotte eggs up for auction. The birds are good quality, and I have had good hatch rates with them. Starting bid at 15.00 with shipping at 13.00.
Will ship at the end of next week. Thanks!

Crisssie if you can hold the first batch of eggs until the next set arrive you will find lockdown a little easier.

Much depends on the temp they arrrive at. If they are still cool, keep them at that same cool temp. Anything over 85 and they embryo will be gowing, of course it grows much faster ( normal rate) at 99.5. So when you say " leave them on the counter" know they will start developing or start to decrease in quality if the room temp is too warm.

Generally these days I am doing better if I don't put the eggs into lockdown with a higher %rh.

Back
Top Bottom