The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

Eggs.. You say you want eggs? O.K.!

Auction #1
Ends 7/8/13 at 10:30pm EST
What eggs: 8+ BBS Orpington eggs - you will only hatch blue and splash as I have a splash roo over 1 splash, 1 black and 3 blue hens. I have 7 eggs that were collected yesterday and today. I will add what they lay tomorrow (3-5 lately) and what they lay Tues. morning before I have to box them up, but they are late day layers.
Starting bid: $10
Shipping: $18, bubble-wrapped, individually placed inside plastic Easter eggs for protection, and double boxed. Shipped priority mail with insurance.
I am not NPIP and will not ship to VA or HI.
Must be paid for by 12:00noon on Tues, 7/9, and will be shipped 7/9

Auction #2
Ends 7/8/13 at 10:30pm EST
What eggs: 8+ SFH eggs - I have 8 hens and 6 pullets laying, covered by 3 roos. I have hatched eggs from 4 different breeders to make my flock. You will get some small pullet eggs in this batch, but not all. The pullets have been laying about a month and fertility is excellent.
Starting bid: $10
Shipping: $18, bubble-wrapped, individually placed inside plastic Easter eggs for protection, and double boxed. Shipped priority mail with insurance.
I am not NPIP and will not ship to VA or HI.
Must be paid for by 12:00noon on Tues, 7/9, and will be shipped 7/9 or 7/10
Crissie won Auction #1 and Swindledana won Auction #2!
clap.gif
Thank you both so much! I will PM you the payment addy.

The jury is still out on what color it will be, but so stinkin unusual! Almost looks cuckoo, but has partridge markings also, kinda looks like a little penciling going on. Either way, its a keeper!
Looks like it may be a cukoo. I haven't seen many of those from my birds. I did have one that changed so much by the time he reached 5 months old he looked nothing like what I thought he would be. I've never had another like him either. He had penciling, stripes, lacing and solids of a couple different colors. Once he got to 5 months you could only see all the different variations of his feathers up close. but here he is when he made is final decision of what he was going to look like. He started out with the chipmunk stripes then went to the penciling, etc. Everyday it seemed he changed in one way or another. Of course I named him Oddball. He is now living on an Amish farm with his own silkie hens.

He looks mean but he was a real sweetie. I bet he's a real handsome roo by now. His mother was a blue sizzle hen and his father was a calico silkie roo. It looks like he got his fathers calico and his mothers straight comb. I don't have the calico roo anymore. I just used him for a year to get some new blood to my sizzle flock. I like to have different colors. It's like Christmas waiting to see how they turn out.

Last edited:
The girl in the bottom pic came from the paint sizzle hen and a grey silkie roo. So did the black hen. The black hen is the paint hens daughter. Each of my hens came from either the paint hen, blue hens or the black hen. I switch roos so the hens aren't related to the roo so their chicks can be just about color or combination. The partridge hen came from a blue hen and a calico roo. The splash came from a blue hen and a WC blue polish. She's the only one that the father wasn't a silkie. She came from a project to get a different look. I have another black pullet that also came from the polish roo but she isn't old enough to lay yet.

Don't know what happened to your pic I used.... Well, I was asking about the hen in the 2nd pic, which I would guess is the one you said is the splash that came from a blue hen and a WC blue polish. I LOVE that look!!! Are you continuing on with that project?

Okay, I have some button quail eggs that I want to find homes for, so I'm going to keep this cheap.

For auction:
20+ button quail eggs
Starting bid $1
Shipping $3.50
Ending tomorrow at 1:00pm

I have four quails, one regular colored male and one regular colored hen (you know the brownish colored ones) then I have two other hens: one is lavender and reddish and one is a white pearl, I get three eggs a day and I will send you everything I have now plus anything I collect between today and when I pack up tomorrow evening and if I get any between when I pack up and when the mail lady comes to pick up on Wednesday morning, I will open the box and stick those in there too. I don't want to eat them and I don't want to hatch them, but they're cool colors and I want someone to enjoy them, but I haven't hatched any yet so I can't guarantee fertility, that's why I don't want much.
high bid $1

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom