The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

I have local "chicken friends" that keep their silkies indoors, in their house. Not just a few either. A whole flock that live in 2 bedrooms. I have never been to their house but I can (or I should say can't) only imagine the smell and the amount of dust that leaks out under the doors!!

Oh wow. I hope they have a really good air filtration system. That is not safe, or sanitary. Silkies are chickens, not house pets. I know, I tried. I had a special needs silkie when I first got started and bought him a chicken diaper and kept him inside. There was no way to keep up with the poo in the diaper unless you empty it every fifteen minutes. And that is being generous. The poo would be stuck to his butt fluff and it was a filthy mess. When I realized I was essentially torturing the poor bird with all the diaper dumping (taking the thing on and off), it didn't take more than a couple days and he was back out. And I really wanted it to work. They are sure cuter than regular chickens, and almost completely different, but they are still dirty,stinky fowl. lol
I initially suggested the smaller birds because amount and quantity of poo goes up with chicken size, naturally. ;-)

Hi BYC!!! I have some spoiled girls who even as we are moving into the winter are still laying an schedule!!!

up for auction I have 3 Dozen Olive Egger Hatching Eggs! Some are blue/ green and will hatch hens who lay olive and some are olive eggs that will lay an even darker shade!

Let me know how many you would like! I am starting the auction of at $15 a dozen ( $14 to ship!)
Hi @CaitlinM

Thanks for posting an auction!

Please state when your auction ends, or are you just charging $15 a dozen - buy it now?

Also is the $14 shipping for one dozen, or could it be for multiple?.

Thanks!

Hi BYC!!! I have some spoiled girls who even as we are moving into the winter are still laying an schedule!!!

up for auction I have 2 Dozen Olive Egger Hatching Eggs! Some are blue/ green and will hatch hens who lay olive and some are olive eggs that will lay an even darker shade!

Let me know how many you would like! I am starting the auction of at $ ( $15 to ship!) the auction will end 12/18@8pm
Would you happen to have any pics of your birds these eggs are out of? How's the fertility and your average hatch rate? (Sorry for all the questions, I raise OE and have been considering adding some new blood, but would like to have an idea of what they're out of first.)
1f60a.png

Last edited:
I'll have blue egg layers - pure ones - but not until very late in the spring ... almost early summer.

Well - give us a tease on what you may be offering !

I never buy this early - because I don't brood or grow up in the house - May and June are the times I look to hatch out ! :)

Well - give us a tease on what you may be offering !  

I never buy this early - because I don't brood or grow up in the house - May and June are the times I look to hatch out !  :)

I should have B/B/S Ameraucanas, BW/W Ameraucanas, SLWs, and BLRWs. The SLWs are just hatchery stock, but I still love them. Hope I get plenty of eggs to sell! And I'll be looking for silver Ams, lavender Ams, and some good quality BCMs and birchen Marans, so hopefully I'll be able to find those.

Back
Top Bottom