The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

20171118_132745.jpg
Wow that is AWESOME! And huge! Lol
Yeah, i made it to fit the cat litter box in the bottom. I am a bit worried they may try to jump up into the rafters!

You know, the only good thing that might come of this is that I've already started taking better care of the animals I have. Lately I've been kind of ignoring the chickens and barely going out there, besides food and water of course, but even that I don't always go out there right away and the food and water last days. Anyway, I've known one has had scaly leg mites for like a year, almost year and a half, nd I keeo meaning to treat it, I even bought vaseline last year and castor oil the beginning of this year, but then, idk I never do. I know it makes me a horrible chicken owner but there's a lot of things I mean to do but don't, not just with animals. It's not really on purpose. Plus I thought they would be really hard to catch and treat. ANYWAY. Long story short, I finally treated the worst one today! Just refilled their feed and noticed the oil there and though you know what, what the heck, I'm just gonna treat her today. Grabbed her and she wasn't as hard to treat as I thought haha she was screaming by the end though. That's May the barred rock. I also managed to grab and Australorp when she finally squatted and you know, I think she actually liked it! LOL she pretended she didn't when I first got her but once I started rubbing the oil on her legs she relaxed and didn't fight :lau

Anyway, only managed to catch those two which stinks cause the Easter Eggers are the second worst but also the hardest to catch and hold once you do catch. But I decided that they have had enough stress with the attack yesterday and to unnecessarily stress them more wasn't fair. Especially when I've had over a year to do it. Why right now? BUT. I think I am going to try at roost time. That's what I decided - why stress them chasing them? They should be sleepier at roost time. Or if not, then another time.

But I am really glad I finally treated May.

Back
Top Bottom