The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

There was a squirrel that kept getting into their run eating their BOSS....

The first time I shouted out the window and it ran off. Came back a bit later but not too long. Hit the wall, the glass, the screen, shouted, he wasn't leaving. Guess he realized it wasnt a real threat. Eventually he left. Came back not 5 minutes later. Lol sent the dog out after him and didnt see him since.

Went back out and gave the chickens more BOSS as well as cracked corn and scratch (corn and some other longer grain, idk), risky with the squirrel, but this time i put some on the opposite side of the yard for him. I figure I can have him inside the run or outside eating his portion. I saw him not too long after I put it down in the trees, not sure if he jumped down or not. Probably. I can tell it's the same one cause it's the same color (I know all squirrels are but you know how some have more or less white) but more importantly, he's all fluffed up and kind of fat. And of course the only one bold enough lol

ANYWAY.

The reason I share this story is because.....

MY CHICKENS ARE COWARDS!!!

The stories of chickens chasing squirrels away? Not mine.

They are scared of him. They stay under the coop or on the other side of the run. The squirrel, however, is not scared of them. They walk somewhat near him when they pace halfway then retreat but nope not scared.

There was a squirrel that kept getting into their run eating their BOSS....

The first time I shouted out the window and it ran off. Came back a bit later but not too long. Hit the wall, the glass, the screen, shouted, he wasn't leaving. Guess he realized it wasnt a real threat. Eventually he left. Came back not 5 minutes later. Lol sent the dog out after him and didnt see him since.

Went back out and gave the chickens more BOSS as well as cracked corn and scratch (corn and some other longer grain, idk), risky with the squirrel, but this time i put some on the opposite side of the yard for him. I figure I can have him inside the run or outside eating his portion. I saw him not too long after I put it down in the trees, not sure if he jumped down or not. Probably. I can tell it's the same one cause it's the same color (I know all squirrels are but you know how some have more or less white) but more importantly, he's all fluffed up and kind of fat. And of course the only one bold enough lol

ANYWAY.

The reason I share this story is because.....

MY CHICKENS ARE COWARDS!!!

The stories of chickens chasing squirrels away? Not mine.

They are scared of him. They stay under the coop or on the other side of the run. The squirrel, however, is not scared of them. They walk somewhat near him when they pace halfway then retreat but nope not scared.
The squirrel is a bit too big for them. If he was the size of a lizard, they would try to eat it.

Got some action shots of Gabbie this morning on a walk-a-bout....View attachment 1206906
View attachment 1206910
View attachment 1206913 ....my wife can still run, so that is her running with Gabbie....and Gabbie was having fun jumping into the raked leaves and I was lucky to get one of her in the air....:)

She's so precious!

I got the last rolling pin at the grocery store! Score! And i got more stuff for building the gingerbread coop. It may cost as much as the hoop coop by the time i finish!
I got a box today with my birthday gift from younger son!View attachment 1207008
It holds 10 eggs!

That's such a great idea! That material is so cute. Nothing that useful available here unfortunately. And I'm so absent minded I probably would lean against the bench (like bruce mentioned) and squish the lot. I've managed to do it to eggs in my pockets before.

My little finches are so cute. The little Society, now known as "Little T" has just hopped out of his nest all by himself this morning. I've been leaving him in his nest outside the cage as I was a little worried that the Javas, who are much bigger, might squish him by accident, but I left him in with them yesterday (as he was looking like he'd fledge) and they really seem to enjoy each others company. The Javas thankfully hopped back in their nest overnight which I was a little relieved about - I didn't want them suffocating Little T during the night as they have no concept of how huge they are. They are cute when they cuddle up together though.
Friends.jpg

She's so precious!

That's such a great idea! That material is so cute. Nothing that useful available here unfortunately. And I'm so absent minded I probably would lean against the bench (like bruce mentioned) and squish the lot. I've managed to do it to eggs in my pockets before.

My little finches are so cute. The little Society, now known as "Little T" has just hopped out of his nest all by himself this morning. I've been leaving him in his nest outside the cage as I was a little worried that the Javas, who are much bigger, might squish him by accident, but I left him in with them yesterday (as he was looking like he'd fledge) and they really seem to enjoy each others company. The Javas thankfully hopped back in their nest overnight which I was a little relieved about - I didn't want them suffocating Little T during the night as they have no concept of how huge they are. They are cute when they cuddle up together though.
View attachment 1207203
They are very cute!

Good Morning Friends :hugs

We got some rain overnight and there is a 60% chance of more today and/or a tropical storm. Today’s maximum is predicted to be 88F and at 08:30AM it is currently 77F.

DMC I hope there was not too much loss or damage from the fire :fl

CB777 OMG! The third picture of Gabbie in the leaves is just so adorable! Such a sweet expression :love

Capricorn love the egg apron! The bunny hutch is looking good!

Jae beautiful pic of the finches!

So, I went to bed without dinner last night! :p It was FIL’s turn to cook and ‘cook’ was the dreaded nuked box of something. I have a funny thing where I do not do fruit in a meal, if that makes sense. For example, pineapple fritters, nope. Pineapple on pizza, nope. Apple sauce on pork, nope. Definitely not a fan of sweet and sour for that reason also. Anyhow, FIL knows this because he has ribbed me about it a few times. So, we sit down to the table and he mentions to hubby “I did Mongolian Lamb for you because I know you do not like pineapple and we have sweet and sour”. I looked at my bowl and asked “is this sweet and sour” .. “Yep”. So, I couldn’t eat it. I watched while they ate theirs and hubby quickly whisked my still full bowl away with his when it was empty. Not sure if I was more peeved that FIL had forgotten that I do not like sweet and sour or that he was testing me or that hubby did not have my back and chose the path of silence, quick disposal and my going without dinner :rolleyes:

Good Morning Friends :hugs

We got some rain overnight and there is a 60% chance of more today and/or a tropical storm. Today’s maximum is predicted to be 88F and at 08:30AM it is currently 77F.

DMC I hope there was not too much loss or damage from the fire :fl

CB777 OMG! The third picture of Gabbie in the leaves is just so adorable! Such a sweet expression :love

Capricorn love the egg apron! The bunny hutch is looking good!

Jae beautiful pic of the finches!

So, I went to bed without dinner last night! :p It was FIL’s turn to cook and ‘cook’ was the dreaded nuked box of something. I have a funny thing where I do not do fruit in a meal, if that makes sense. For example, pineapple fritters, nope. Pineapple on pizza, nope. Apple sauce on pork, nope. Definitely not a fan of sweet and sour for that reason also. Anyhow, FIL knows this because he has ribbed me about it a few times. So, we sit down to the table and he mentions to hubby “I did Mongolian Lamb for you because I know you do not like pineapple and we have sweet and sour”. I looked at my bowl and asked “is this sweet and sour” .. “Yep”. So, I couldn’t eat it. I watched while they ate theirs and hubby quickly whisked my still full bowl away with his when it was empty. Not sure if I was more peeved that FIL had forgotten that I do not like sweet and sour or that he was testing me or that hubby did not have my back and chose the path of silence, quick disposal and my going without dinner :rolleyes:
I would go make myself something to eat.

Back
Top Bottom