The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good Morning Friends :hugs

We got some rain overnight and there is a 60% chance of more today and/or a tropical storm. Today’s maximum is predicted to be 88F and at 08:30AM it is currently 77F.

DMC I hope there was not too much loss or damage from the fire :fl

CB777 OMG! The third picture of Gabbie in the leaves is just so adorable! Such a sweet expression :love

Capricorn love the egg apron! The bunny hutch is looking good!

Jae beautiful pic of the finches!

So, I went to bed without dinner last night! :p It was FIL’s turn to cook and ‘cook’ was the dreaded nuked box of something. I have a funny thing where I do not do fruit in a meal, if that makes sense. For example, pineapple fritters, nope. Pineapple on pizza, nope. Apple sauce on pork, nope. Definitely not a fan of sweet and sour for that reason also. Anyhow, FIL knows this because he has ribbed me about it a few times. So, we sit down to the table and he mentions to hubby “I did Mongolian Lamb for you because I know you do not like pineapple and we have sweet and sour”. I looked at my bowl and asked “is this sweet and sour” .. “Yep”. So, I couldn’t eat it. I watched while they ate theirs and hubby quickly whisked my still full bowl away with his when it was empty. Not sure if I was more peeved that FIL had forgotten that I do not like sweet and sour or that he was testing me or that hubby did not have my back and chose the path of silence, quick disposal and my going without dinner :rolleyes:
How Sad!
Maybe FIL is getting Dementia?

We got some rain overnight and there is a 60% chance of more today and/or a tropical storm. Today’s maximum is predicted to be 88F and at 08:30AM it is currently 77F.

CB777 OMG! The third picture of Gabbie in the leaves is just so adorable! Such a sweet expression :love

So, I went to bed without dinner last night! :p It was FIL’s turn to cook and ‘cook’ was the dreaded nuked box of something. I have a funny thing where I do not do fruit in a meal, if that makes sense. For example, pineapple fritters, nope. Pineapple on pizza, nope. Apple sauce on pork, nope. Definitely not a fan of sweet and sour for that reason also. Anyhow, FIL knows this because he has ribbed me about it a few times. So, we sit down to the table and he mentions to hubby “I did Mongolian Lamb for you because I know you do not like pineapple and we have sweet and sour”. I looked at my bowl and asked “is this sweet and sour” .. “Yep”. So, I couldn’t eat it. I watched while they ate theirs and hubby quickly whisked my still full bowl away with his when it was empty. Not sure if I was more peeved that FIL had forgotten that I do not like sweet and sour or that he was testing me or that hubby did not have my back and chose the path of silence, quick disposal and my going without dinner :rolleyes:
Teila, I'm sorry you don't like fruit with your protein as I love it.... But that said, DS and I are primary cooks here and if we prepare something one of the girls don't eat, we prepare something for them as well. There are always alternate paths.

Capricorn it is hard to explain, but going to make myself something to eat would have caused all sorts of dramas, eye rolls, anger …. For the sake of keeping the peace etc ;)

ronott1 I do not think he has dementia.

I have been studying closely how things go in the house and I have come to the conclusion that it is more of a ‘just the little woman’ mentality. Again, hard to explain, but I am not as ‘important’ as the males in the house and not really treated as an equal. I am excluded from conversations which are apparently ‘out of my league’ or which I am in the ‘do not need to know’ category. Apparently, I did not need to know that a neighbour has been invited for dinner on Friday night.

For those who saw the Titanic movie with Leonardo DiCaprio, it is kinda like that, where the men go off for their cigars and to discuss important things while the women are left to natter about irrelevant stuff.

I gave up trying to contribute to political conversations and the like because of the ‘what would you know’ reaction or derisive laughter, scoffing etc.

So, I am an intelligent, capable woman living in a ‘little woman in the kitchen’ environment ;)

Capricorn it is hard to explain, but going to make myself something to eat would have caused all sorts of dramas, eye rolls, anger …. For the sake of keeping the peace etc ;)

ronott1 I do not think he has dementia.

I have been studying closely how things go in the house and I have come to the conclusion that it is more of a ‘just the little woman’ mentality. Again, hard to explain, but I am not as ‘important’ as the males in the house and not really treated as an equal. I am excluded from conversations which are apparently ‘out of my league’ or which I am in the ‘do not need to know’ category. Apparently, I did not need to know that a neighbour has been invited for dinner on Friday night.

For those who saw the Titanic movie with Leonardo DiCaprio, it is kinda like that, where the men go off for their cigars and to discuss important things while the women are left to natter about irrelevant stuff.

I gave up trying to contribute to political conversations and the like because of the ‘what would you know’ reaction or derisive laughter, scoffing etc.

So, I am an intelligent, capable woman living in a ‘little woman in the kitchen’ environment ;)
:rant

That is just silly of them! I bet they could not handle phone computer support...

Poor you! I'm the same - I do not like cooked fruit of any kind, especially in my dinner. Yet I don't like raw veges. It's not easy living with extended family (that was hubby and I for quite some time) so you have my sympathy. :hugs

:rant

That is just silly of them! I bet they could not handle phone computer support...

While I am definitely not saying that all men from that era or with this history think this way, I believe HE thinks this way because his grandmother, mother and wife did not work and lived in that kind of environment where the man ruled the roost. He does come from a time of inequality and has not changed with the times ;)

The birds are very pretty!

Don't worry your pretty little head Teila ;););)
I grew up with women, I think they are generally quite intelligent beings quite capable in most things. Sorry your "men" are stuck in the 19th century.

:lau LOL ... you nailed it!

I do not think hubby is stuck in the 19th century. I definitely would not have lasted as long as I have if he was :p He just knows how FIL can and will react and chooses the path which avoids confrontation which is a little disappointing but que sera sera ;)

Poor you! I'm the same - I do not like cooked fruit of any kind, especially in my dinner. Yet I don't like raw veges. It's not easy living with extended family (that was hubby and I for quite some time) so you have my sympathy. :hugs

Thank you! Yeah, I feel like I am doing a lot of venting but it has been and will probably continue to be a difficult adjustment period.

Back
Top Bottom