The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

If you ever get the chance to do some traveling Kelsie, give it a shot. There's a big old world out there and some interesting things to see & do.

KD, I've seen the world one ramp at a time. I speak survival in at least 7 languages. Survival = Taxi take me home, restaurant=I want to eat, bar=I want a drink. For example, I've been to Hawaii a dozen or more times and never been beyond the O club, the tarmac and the headquarters building.

ETA: but I drove a bus to the meeting (aka two seat F-16)

Look at this! It's our very own Bob:
byc-member-interview-rjohns39.1222858

Way to go, nice interview!

Debby, thanks for outing me. Thought this would be a quiet thing.

I'm a terrible traveller. After 6 days on the Gold Coast for our honeymoon I was home sick, well, pet sick more than anything. I missed my pets! We went for a bus tour to the rainforest and stopped at a little block of shops. One shop had a cat! You have no idea how happy I was to see that cat! :love I had to tough it out for 4 more days and we flew home with quite the tail wind which was great.

My two remaining Coturnix quail have hatched. Colossus doesn't seem overly impressed. :confused: They are all the same colour, yet they are from my dark group which should produce Rosetta and Tibetans, maybe some Tuxedos, but these guys will likely be gold. The last time I had chicks like them they turned out to be red flecked golds - very pretty, but both boys, and both got eaten by rats. :mad:

I've got one new Button chick that is looking quite lethargic. I gave it some Nutri-Drops last night (not even a drop, the tiniest sip) and I kind of expected to find a little body this morning, but it's still alive, but definitely not looking great. I've repeated the Nutri-Drops and I'll try and feed it some raw quail egg yolk and see if that helps. But that's the only one out of 40 chicks to look weak so I've been extremely lucky.

5 days to go before my unrelated Button eggs start hatching. Then I might get a clue as to what colour my boy is/will produce (or not if his Cinnamon female friend has more dominant genes).

We've had a southerly change here so our weather has cooled off very nicely. Some of the chickens are starting to moult too. And some are also broody so go figure! One of our Orpingtons is the worst - lays 10 eggs and she sits. I can't be bothered breaking her - that's way too much work as she'll only be back at it after another 10 eggs. My DD thinks she'd be great for hatching ducks. She doesn't try and peck us so I think she'd be a nice broody to use too, one day when we are no longer in suburbia.

Spent my life traveling.... HATE IT! But you do what you need to for a paycheck

I know you needed rain Teila but that storm looked a bit scary.

Poor Paw Paw, may he rest in peace.

Can someone tell me what I have a host of Paw Paw trees with NO fruit? I don't get it.

KD, I've seen the world one ramp at a time. I speak survival in at least 7 languages. Survival = Taxi take me home, restaurant=I want to eat, bar=I want a drink. For example, I've been to Hawaii a dozen or more times and never been beyond the O club, the tarmac and the headquarters building.

Can someone tell me what I have a host of Paw Paw trees with NO fruit? I don't get it.

Thanks, just the basics is a good idea ha

How old are the trees? Seems like only mature trees bear fruit here. We have hundreds of small ones.

I don't think I've ever eaten Paw Paw fruit. Can a person make jam (or something else) with it or do people just eat it plain?
You can make preserves. Most people don't see them because they do not ship well. They ferment pretty quick, the wild critters love them.

Back
Top Bottom