The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good Morning....it's difficult to catch up here for sure.

My Avatar used to insist that I shovel her a path in the snow and an appropriate bathroom area.... And if I didn't do it right she'd leave land mines right outside the back door in the path to the hot tub.

An example of how our pets train us, when we think we are training them ;)

ETA: Oh BTW, we got our first fairy egg today. It's no bigger than a quarter.

Love those tiny eggs, the make great ornaments :) Who laid it??

Kiss is adorable!

That is a very cute egg too. My chickens have never given me a fairy egg but my quail have.

Well, the guy's just been to look at my machine. It needs a new circuit board and they have to get one from the supplier so they'll be back to fix it sometime next week! :hit

So sorry, one would think they would keep parts with them and think ahead :barnie

Oh wow! I don't even know what a heath kit is either

Me neither, glad we got an explanation later in the discussion.

I got a video of some birds...lots of birds...in a tree across from my house!

They were very noisy

We get those also when they migrate north and south. Great video - how do you like Vimeo, I've never checked out posting any video anywhere.

After you buy MS Access. And learn how to create databases and write queries ;)

You are too young to remember when you had to make some things yourself, like "personal computers" ;) My wife's father made their first TV with a HeathKit. Made it so they could watch the moon landing in 1969 when DW was 7. Of course he COULD have just purchased a TV. But some people like to make stuff and HeathKit let you do that.
https://shop.heathkit.com/shop

Interesting, we had a tv since early 50's. And I think I saw the landing on a tv at school. I would have thought by 1969 everyone would have had a tv :old.

First read, though you said "health kit" :)

BTW I work with a relative of the fellow who made the Altair computer. He was brilliant.

Did i show you the quail coop i am making?View attachment 1271392

Great job, you are so good at designs and building.

But i like having a project to work on. Gets me off my butt.

Me too, the part about projects or crafts, but most these days keep me on the bum :gig

Here's my weird fungus. Despite the hot sun this afternoon they have mostly survived the day.
View attachment 1271501 View attachment 1271502

And Colossus with his crazy cousins:
View attachment 1271503

That fungus is grotesque :sick...but interesting. The only Botany class I ever took was the study of mold and fungi - ruined my favorite shoes collecting mushrooms in a field of cow patties :rolleyes: wish I had studied veggies/shrubs/flowers.

Look at this! It's our very own Bob:
byc-member-interview-rjohns39.1222858

Way to go, nice interview!

:thumbsup Thanks for the tip - guess I should watch the thread, but alas not enough time.

Paw Paw trees, I would think need Maw Maw trees to produce fruit:gig

Good point :lau

Morning all!
Whew, finally caught up, again.
Great pics, fantastic tips about routers, good luck with the hatches, sorry about the PawPaw loss (I love PawPaw fruit. I miss it, won't grow here, too cold), great interview Bob (I will never be asked, my life is just too boring) Oh, and you guys had no idea what a Heath Kit was? Thanks, now I realize just how old I really am! :old (Suppose you guys have no clue how to program a Commadore 64 with a cassette player either, do ya'?)

Morning all!
Whew, finally caught up, again.
Great pics, fantastic tips about routers, good luck with the hatches, sorry about the PawPaw loss (I love PawPaw fruit. I miss it, won't grow here, too cold), great interview Bob (I will never be asked, my life is just too boring) Oh, and you guys had no idea what a Heath Kit was? Thanks, now I realize just how old I really am! :old (Suppose you guys have no clue how to program a Commadore 64 with a cassette player either, do ya'?)

Hi Chicki :frow

Wayyyyyyyyyyy back about 100 pages (just a couple days ago?) you guys were chatting about chicken newbies and I got one for ya'. Want to watch them freak out? I knew a couple days of some really cold and crappy weather was on the way and I spotted a couple heads of purple cabbage marked down at the grocery store. Great way to keep them from busy and not attacking each other. Well, when I went in to scoop the poop, their big snack resulted in some rather, shall we say, unusual and VERY colorful presentations on the catch board! The conversation on here immediately came to mind and I envisioned some poor new chicki momma coming across the scene and my DH thought I had lost my mind when I he watched me laughing all the way back to the house. :lau:lau:lau

Good Morning....it's difficult to catch up here for sure.

We get those also when they migrate north and south. Great video - how do you like Vimeo, I've never checked out posting any video anywhere.
I use Vimeo to host video sermons for my church. They do not have storage on the church website...too cheap to pay for it...so I pay for a level of storage on Vimeo to host them.

I like it because it automatically compressed the files and then streams them. It is very easy to add videos to BYC too.

Wayyyyyyyyyyy back about 100 pages (just a couple days ago?) you guys were chatting about chicken newbies and I got one for ya'. Want to watch them freak out? I knew a couple days of some really cold and crappy weather was on the way and I spotted a couple heads of purple cabbage marked down at the grocery store. Great way to keep them from busy and not attacking each other. Well, when I went in to scoop the poop, their big snack resulted in some rather, shall we say, unusual and VERY colorful presentations on the catch board! The conversation on here immediately came to mind and I envisioned some poor new chicki momma coming across the scene and my DH thought I had lost my mind when I he watched me laughing all the way back to the house. :lau:lau:lau

Purple poo would put some posts from a newbie on here for sure!

My DH routinely believes I've lost my mind...I just ignore it any more :lol:

Back
Top Bottom