The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning, my friends!! It's so nice to get up in the morning and find you all sitting around my kitchen table gabbing. :love
All except me! I had an appointment at the optometrist in MA yesterday. Left home at 9:15 AM, got back at 9:45 PM.

My Dad is like that! Can't resist a 'bargain' despite the product being unnecessary or not useful to anyone. :confused:
Well you HAVE to buy it if you have a coupon. Can't save money if you don't use the coupon!!

DIARY OF A POMMIE IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Had to look up "Pommie". Apparently one shouldn't use that term.

53*

eta: it's snowing now
Snow melts at 53°F, no problems. We might see 35°F tomorrow. Still have 18" of snow on the ground from the storms we had last week. Nothing up here from the current one, it is farther south.

That looks bad. Heading towards population?
Looks like it is heading for Karratha. Maybe that Pommie will get some relief from the heat.

My turn today to rant....

I got a new boss back in mid February. I think he's great, and is definitely steering the kitchen in the right direction.

So, in February he said March was getting busier... I got scheduled less. Then he said April was even busier still... I got scheduled even less than March.

He said he wasn't going to take hours away from us with his own schedule but that's exactly what's happening. None of the assistants are scheduled more than 4 hours, and essentially it's just to clean up at the end of the night. None of us are cooking anymore. We're just cleaning the dining room and washing dishes.

I'm only scheduled 2 shifts in April.

How the heck am I supposed to eat on that, let alone pay a mortgage?

I think I'm going to be really sick of eggs by the end of April.

Ok... rant over
Time to dust off the resume!

From my experience in the food industry, Managers like to get rid of the employees from the old manager.

I got a new boss back in mid February. I think he's great, and is definitely steering the kitchen in the right direction.

So, in February he said March was getting busier... I got scheduled less. Then he said April was even busier still... I got scheduled even less than March.

He said he wasn't going to take hours away from us with his own schedule but that's exactly what's happening. None of the assistants are scheduled more than 4 hours, and essentially it's just to clean up at the end of the night. None of us are cooking anymore. We're just cleaning the dining room and washing dishes.

Ok... rant over

That's not playing fair, to tell you things are getting busier but cutting hours. Who's doing all the cooking now? Maybe you should get him to sit down with you and talk together.

I agree with Ron on this, time to dust off your resume and start putting feelers out for another job. (You're still welcome to move to WY for the summer and work with me :D)

Ok... rant over

That's crazy! :hugs And unfair. I don't blame you for being upset.

I need a rant too. My male quail have been moved from their lovely, spaceous ground cage to a little cage in the shed. Our poor son found a half eaten quail when he went to check on them. The only other place I can think is that they are forcing themselves under the roof of the coop part that lifts up (as it's only a little coop). That's pretty darn heavy though. :barnie Hubby is going to get rat bait on his way home tonight and we shall investigate what's going on tomorrow as it's his day off. I know they are only 'spare' males but they don't deserve that. Thankfully my cute one with a cheek tuft on one side is still ok. Awhile ago the stupid rats got our beautiful tuxedo male - I'd love another like him. We called him Diva because he was such a beautiful chick, and the name stuck. :hit

Well you HAVE to buy it if you have a coupon. Can't save money if you don't use the coupon!!

Had to look up "Pommie". Apparently one shouldn't use that term.

We don't have coupons in NZ anymore. I remember them as a kid but they kind of disappeared. :confused:

:lau Thanks for the giggle too.

Ok... rant over
Goodness sakes. What's the job market like in your area?

I know! She could almost commute :D

And I'm really not too horrible to work with, I swear (no matter what rumors you might hear from teenage former employees).
That's what I figured!
It is possible that those rumors were started by people who didn't think they should have to work very hard for their money.

Back
Top Bottom