The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

'Home ho hum' never seems to happen here. I always say that without the Princess I would have gone through life mired in mud up to my knees and without me she would have been floating somewhere in the upper stratosphere. Together we float about 6 inches above reality. What can I say - it works - the redneck man and the Gypsy woman.
tongue.png

'Home ho hum' never seems to happen here. I always say that without the Princess I would have gone through life mired in mud up to my knees and without me she would have been floating somewhere in the upper stratosphere. Together we float about 6 inches above reality. What can I say - it works - the redneck man and the Gypsy woman.
tongue.png

You sure that floating business isn't down to those drugs you did in the 60s Sour?
smile.png

Good morning everyone, a late morning start for me. Actually slept in until 5am.

Phil, good luck with the shopping tomorrow. Sounds like your wife is going to have a wonderful birthday.

A couple of nice birthdays coming up tomorrow. Sour, wish the Princess a happy one from us.

Maybe I'm the odd woman out on the decorating thing...DH is much better at it than I am. I don't like clutter (although we seem to have our share) and have a tendency to leave things like sofas, pictures, etc. wherever they happen to land for however long they last. And I detest shopping (although that seems to be necessary too).

Ok...gotta share what's going on here. We've talked it over for hours, days, weeks and have decided we're going to put our house on the market. That means no ducks for me and an almost overwhelming amount of clean up/sorting through stuff to get ready. The bottom line is there is no future in this area, no jobs (DH is traveling about 5 hours a day to get to the one he has now), no attachments formed to people around here, no family and we're just ready to make a new start. Houses don't sell quickly in this area so it might take a year but the sooner started, the faster we can go.

We want to move to Wyoming. Shocker, right? Me, who gets cold when the temps hit 60*. But my brother, his wife, my mother and handicapped nephew are all there now in Cheyenne and a cousin lives close in Laramie. There are jobs there and opportunities.

We'll see how this house stuff goes, right now it feels daunting but once we get clear here we can begin again. I'll keep you all posted.

Good morning everyone, a late morning start for me. Actually slept in until 5am.

Phil, good luck with the shopping tomorrow. Sounds like your wife is going to have a wonderful birthday.

A couple of nice birthdays coming up tomorrow. Sour, wish the Princess a happy one from us.

Maybe I'm the odd woman out on the decorating thing...DH is much better at it than I am. I don't like clutter (although we seem to have our share) and have a tendency to leave things like sofas, pictures, etc. wherever they happen to land for however long they last. And I detest shopping (although that seems to be necessary too).

Ok...gotta share what's going on here. We've talked it over for hours, days, weeks and have decided we're going to put our house on the market. That means no ducks for me and an almost overwhelming amount of clean up/sorting through stuff to get ready. The bottom line is there is no future in this area, no jobs (DH is traveling about 5 hours a day to get to the one he has now), no attachments formed to people around here, no family and we're just ready to make a new start. Houses don't sell quickly in this area so it might take a year but the sooner started, the faster we can go.

We want to move to Wyoming. Shocker, right? Me, who gets cold when the temps hit 60*. But my brother, his wife, my mother and handicapped nephew are all there now in Cheyenne and a cousin lives close in Laramie. There are jobs there and opportunities.

We'll see how this house stuff goes, right now it feels daunting but once we get clear here we can begin again. I'll keep you all posted.
come on to Texas.......we ain't got your family, but will make you feel welcome.

similar temps......and lots of job opportunities.

Debby, major changes there. They will probably have to carry me out of this house in a pine box, but if at some time it becomes necessary to move, I'm going to take Berts up on his offer.
tongue.png

Yep, major changes but I'm anxious to get going on them. You know we've lived here almost 3 years and the neighbors still don't know my name. I know theirs but they can't seem to remember mine. With DH being gone so much during the week, it makes a person feel really isolated. I've tried to find some part-time job in the small towns within about 30 minutes of us, but unless you're a high school kid that grew up there, forget it. I thought there was a woman that I could find some common ground with, but she was "shocked and offended" when I happened to mention having a good friend in Key West that was Japanese. The close mindedness of the people around here is hard to take. The hardest part of leaving will be the animals...they're my pets and friends but we'll probably have to rent something for a while up there and I don't think many landlords would look kindly on chickens, rabbits, goats.

Anyway, have to think positive, right?

Back
Top Bottom