The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Understand that I could not process animals inside - she was that squeamish. I asked her how she was able to do it. She replied, "I had to. You weren't here."

I sometimes stop and ponder how I ever got so lucky. 'Something There Is' that really likes and protects me.
yes, i believe that, just like my husband and i, a boy from pa and a girl from fl and my home town being quite large, we managed to meet and within weeks knew we were meant for each other and the biggest hurdle was my parents
you two were meant to be:)

yes, i believe that, just like my husband and i, a boy from pa and a girl from fl and my home town being quite large, we managed to meet and within weeks knew we were meant for each other and the biggest hurdle was my parents

I agree. Our meeting was no coincidence.

Gotta hate that hamster :th
That is for sure. Plenty of times I would have liked to smack it out the door!

For all us old-timers...get a look at a couple of 17 yr-olds trying to figure out a rotary phone:
:lau I KNEW it!

Yep, out in the boondocks.

The closest Goodwill/Salvation Army I've been able to find is in Laramie and that's 90 miles away (one way).
Put it in the car, that way you'll have it the next time you are near somewhere you can donate it.

I think the cookies are getting uglier the harder I try. At least they are done now. whew
Bet they still taste good!

According to my calendar, today is the day we wish @ronott1
A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Happy late birthday!! Sorry I missed the big day, but you know I wished you one now~ :frow

The baby quilt arrived in FL!
View attachment 1636955

So cute, and I love the bright colors!

Yeah, gluten destroys the villi in your small intestine. It is gradual and progressive. You stop being able to digest your food,become anemic,malnourished, developed arthritis...etc. Do a Google search.

Oh, man! Don't tell her to Google symptoms!! :caf

dd, everyone needs a hug once in awhile and i gave you a hug for what you've been thru yet managed to come out a decent person, that deserves two hugs:hugs

Only two? I don't think there are enough hugs on the planet!

Has anyone seen @Blooie around today? I hope she's not still out sick.

I'm okay now. Thanks. Just a little heart thingy going on but it's resolved (I hope) now.

Calendar says it is a special day for @Blooie's DH.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ken!

Happy Birthday to Mr. Blooie! :D

Happy birthday Ken!!

Happy Birthday - Blooie's husband KEN :wee:ya:celebrate:thumbsup:woot:yesss:

Hope I didn't miss any! Yep, yesterday was Ken's birthday, Wednesday was Kenny's, and Terrin's was on the 4th. I'll pass on the birthday greetings, and thanks!

wow, you must be really out in the woods, even little old scottdale has a goodwill within three miles
defuniak doesn't have a goodwill but does have three church run thrift stores, i love to go browse, and once in awhile i find something i can't live without:)

Our nearest one is like @N F C has...90 miles away up in Billings for us!

anyone heard from blooie yet?
You have now! :lau

Okay, here's the dirt. I wasn't feeling well for a few days, and if you remember around Christmas, when I was so down in the dumps, Ken had made all kinds of appointments with my different MDs. The last one did a routine EEG (routine for me, anyway). There were some blips she didn't like so I had some further testing done. A little tweaking of my meds and dietary changes (like that's gonna happen! No salt? Is she nuts?) and we may have it all under control. Funny, now that the heart thing is back under control, that annoying self-pity mood is gone too. Coincidence? I am going to ask her when I go back for a re-check if congestive heart failure issues can lead to minor depression. I may be way off base, but it just seems a little odd.

Anyway, I'm back! And all of you are stuck with me and can't do a thing about it! :lau

It went on for a couple of years! They kept sending out techs over and over. They would do some fiddling, install a new filter or change a cable and of course they were there long enough for the network to come back.

It was an eye opener to finally get the supervisor to look at the down time record. During those outages, our service showed up as not connected.

Oh wow! I bet! You dealt with that for years!? And no one figured it out in all that time!?

Understand that I could not process animals inside - she was that squeamish. I asked her how she was able to do it. She replied, "I had to. You weren't here."

I sometimes stop and ponder how I ever got so lucky. 'Something There Is' that really likes and protects me.

I'm not sure the former is squeamish so much as it is she didn't want guts and feathers inside her nice house :lau

Aww awesome

I agree. Our meeting was no coincidence.

So sweet

That is for sure. Plenty of times I would have liked to smack it out the door!

:lau I KNEW it!

Put it in the car, that way you'll have it the next time you are near somewhere you can donate it.

Bet they still taste good!

Yuo, generally don't affect taste and I would still eat them all :p

Happy late birthday!! Sorry I missed the big day, but you know I wished you one now~ :frow

So cute, and I love the bright colors!

Oh, man! Don't tell her to Google symptoms!! :caf

Only two? I don't think there are enough hugs on the planet!

I'm okay now. Thanks. Just a little heart thingy going on but it's resolved (I hope) now.

Hope I didn't miss any! Yep, yesterday was Ken's birthday, Wednesday was Kenny's, and Terrin's was on the 4th. I'll pass on the birthday greetings, and thanks!

Our nearest one is like @N F C has...90 miles away up in Billings for us!

You have now! :lau

Okay, here's the dirt. I wasn't feeling well for a few days, and if you remember around Christmas, when I was so down in the dumps, Ken had made all kinds of appointments with my different MDs. The last one did a routine EEG (routine for me, anyway). There were some blips she didn't like so I had some further testing done. A little tweaking of my meds and dietary changes (like that's gonna happen! No salt? Is she nuts?) and we may have it all under control. Funny, now that the heart thing is back under control, that annoying self-pity mood is gone too. Coincidence? I am going to ask her when I go back for a re-check if congestive heart failure issues can lead to minor depression. I may be way off base, but it just seems a little odd.

Anyway, I'm back! And all of you are stuck with me and can't do a thing about it! :lau
Aw, now that Hughey Lewis song is in my head : Happy to be stuck with you! Glad you feel better,sweetie!

@Blooie surprisingly enough even things as simple as diet can cause depression in some people and certain conditions so I wouldn't be at all surprised if heart disease could cause it too!! Or even if it didn't directly cause it, if you are feeling all out of sorts from it, that could make anyone down in the dumps. Glad you are back and feeling better!!

Oh and the meeting went very well and the dog LOVED me and apparently she doesn't trust very many people especially not the first meeting. She was all over me lol and she even put her paws in my lap/climbed up on me at one point right at the beginning after I had been inside a few minutes and just sat down and apparently she ONLY ever does that to them. And when we went outside and threw her toy, she brought it straight to me several times, and when I bent down to pick up the toy when she dropped it once (the other times she mostly brought it to my hand), she did not take off. I didn't know that made her nervous till I did it and the owner said normally when people bend down like that she takes off running and she did not do that to me. She did get slightly visibly nervous but let me pick up the toy and didn't run or anything and when we went back inside and I sat on the floor, she was all over me lol sooo... I'd say it's a good fit :lau

I think it helps too that I have sort of "met" her over the fence several times and that she LOVES Libby & Franklin and I am sure can smell them on my coat and stuff. Plus they adopted her at the same time as Libby so they love each other and she has seen me around for almost a year. But still, it was my first time in her house and seeing her for more than a quick sniff and pats lol

Back
Top Bottom