The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

This is the golf course he’s at right now.
View attachment 1640351 View attachment 1640352 View attachment 1640353 View attachment 1640354

He’s not a barefoot kind of guy:D
Beautiful, looks like he might be out at Fountain Hills. That was not a golf course back when I lived there. We would go out just to sit and watch the fountain. We also would drive out on any number of barren desert roads around the area to watch the sun set and wait quietly for the desert animals to creep out of wherever they were hiding from the sun. It was alive with movement in the cool darkness.

Beautiful, looks like he might be out at Fountain Hills. That was not a golf course back when I lived there. We would go out just to sit and watch the fountain. We also would drive out on any number of barren desert roads around the area to watch the sun set and wait quietly for the desert animals to creep out of wherever they were hiding from the sun. It was alive with movement in the cool darkness.
That would be awesome to see.

That would be awesome to see.
Also used to camp and go tubin' down the Verde river ,clothing optional. Then the homeless started living out there and they had to close it down.
byc tut tut.gif

Still sounds heavenly, though! Gorgeous photos.

Yep. We have goat head here, Debby. It’s a miserable thing to step on. It gets trapped in the pattern in the sole of your shoe and drives in, sometimes requiring you to literally dig it out. That’s with just one point lodged, too! Kendra has come down on one with her hand and screamed bloody murder. I don’t blame her - I’ve stepped on them a time or two and there is something in them that burns like crazy, even after it’s removed. Kenny had a big patch - I’m talking at least 10 feet across at the trailer he lived in across the street, and we tried Roundup, burning it, trying to dig it out...nothing. Those hard shelled seeds not only stick deep into shoes, tires, etc to move to new ground, but the parent plant is almost impossible to kill out. You have to wait until it’s just ready to bloom - problem is it’s so low to the ground you can’t always find it then, and you have to start at the center where the mat spreads out from. And previous years’ seeds are laying there waiting to get ya - and hitch a ride on your shoes go start a new plant! I hate that stuff!!

Surprise birthday party for the Grand Master at the Eadtern Star luncheon today. It worked!

0BDB7E16-FB52-413A-8A1E-802652BFF537.jpeg
C04781D9-48C1-41FE-AF85-EFA5B0574D2F.jpeg

And knowing we collect Nutcrackers, the lady in the photo made this for Ken out of a Hobby Lobby nutcracker and a heck of a lot of imagination! He loved it - and says it is staying out year round! I can’t get over the Masonic detail she got in it - right down to the Grand Master’s Code Book under the arm and the GM Staff, jewel and apron! What a treasure!

7F77C3D4-6965-41FD-9DC6-DCA6FA4C199E.jpeg

E8EE8081-E123-4BE6-8313-93681CB43CAE.jpeg

36E4B13B-1ECA-4215-AB01-A6583C80E9D8.jpeg

F4C0319C-B45A-4710-B6C0-039757C6C561.jpeg

Yep. We have goat head here, Debby. It’s a miserable thing to step on. It gets trapped in the pattern in the sole of your shoe and drives in, sometimes requiring you to literally dig it out. That’s with just one point lodged, too! Kendra has come down on one with her hand and screamed bloody murder. I don’t blame her - I’ve stepped on them a time or two and there is something in them that burns like crazy, even after it’s removed. Kenny had a big patch - I’m talking at least 10 feet across at the trailer he lived in across the street, and we tried Roundup, burning it, trying to dig it out...nothing. Those hard shelled seeds not only stick deep into shoes, tires, etc to move to new ground, but the parent plant is almost impossible to kill out. You have to wait until it’s just ready to bloom - problem is it’s so low to the ground you can’t always find it then, and you have to start at the center where the mat spreads out from. And previous years’ seeds are laying there waiting to get ya - and hitch a ride on you shoes go start a new plant! I hate that stuff!!

Surprise birthday party for the Grand Master at the Eadtern Star luncheon today. It worked!

View attachment 1640590 View attachment 1640591
And knowing we collect Nutcrackers, the lady in the photo made this for Ken out of a Hobby Lobby nutcracker and a heck of a lot of imagination! He loved it - and says it is staying out year round! I can’t get over the Masonic detail she got in it - right didn’t to the Grand Master’s Code Book under the arm and the GM Staff, jewel and apron! What a treasure!

View attachment 1640605

View attachment 1640606

View attachment 1640607

View attachment 1640608

That nutcracker is amazing! What a thoughtful gift.

And that dessert looks pretty good too (and no chocolate for you).

Yep. We have goat head here, Debby. It’s a miserable thing to step on. It gets trapped in the pattern in the sole of your shoe and drives in, sometimes requiring you to literally dig it out. That’s with just one point lodged, too! Kendra has come down on one with her hand and screamed bloody murder. I don’t blame her - I’ve stepped on them a time or two and there is something in them that burns like crazy, even after it’s removed. Kenny had a big patch - I’m talking at least 10 feet across at the trailer he lived in across the street, and we tried Roundup, burning it, trying to dig it out...nothing. Those hard shelled seeds not only stick deep into shoes, tires, etc to move to new ground, but the parent plant is almost impossible to kill out. You have to wait until it’s just ready to bloom - problem is it’s so low to the ground you can’t always find it then, and you have to start at the center where the mat spreads out from. And previous years’ seeds are laying there waiting to get ya - and hitch a ride on your shoes go start a new plant! I hate that stuff!!

And knowing we collect Nutcrackers, the lady in the photo made this for Ken out of a Hobby Lobby nutcracker and a heck of a lot of imagination! He loved it - and says it is staying out year round! I can’t get over the Masonic detail she got in it - right down to the Grand Master’s Code Book under the arm and the GM Staff, jewel and apron! What a treasure!

View attachment 1640605

View attachment 1640606

View attachment 1640607

View attachment 1640608
Wow! She really did put alot of detail into it! I've never seen anything like it. Gorgeous Blooie! Thanks for sharing it with us.

View attachment 1640605

View attachment 1640606

View attachment 1640607

View attachment 1640608
How cute!

Back
Top Bottom