The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

No. This will truly be a learning experience. I've done big game before, but my biggest issues are figuring how to get the pig from the ground into the tub and then hung so I can dress it.
Maybe make a tripod with a pivoting arm with a block and tackle? Hoist the pig up, swing over the tub, lower the pig?

A cousin of mine used to collect old hand operated mixers, like this
View attachment 1913853

She used to find them at estate and garage sales, antique stores and such. She sent me a photo once where she had them all displayed on her kitchen wall. It was pretty cool looking, each one was different.

So who knows what might strike your fancy.
i still have one like that, mil gave it to me so i don't know how old it is , painy is flaking off the handle but it still works and i use it occasionally, woman power:D
just came back inside, husband dug carrots for me, don't like them, not sweet but really strong carrot tasting, should cook good in soups. unfortunately the bug got me again but i think a different kind, not swelling, just itching i should wear winter clothes but its to hot for long sleeves and britches, picked a few okra for gumbo :drool, tomatoes and a few peppers(hot) and cut a few bay leaves, what i don't use in them today will dry

No. This will truly be a learning experience. I've done big game before, but my biggest issues are figuring how to get the pig from the ground into the tub and then hung so I can dress it.
got a tree with a big limb close by? then meat hooks and a block and tackle?
i watched them kill and clean when i was little but i forget how they did it, them killing the pig kinda got to me cause they didn't hit him just right with the bullet, took them five shots with it squealing the whole time, i prefer to let someone else kill and butcher now altho i do butcher chickens and other small animals if husband kills it for me

Back
Top Bottom