The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

This is my primary form of transportation these days. I can take it from home to work at the course and back. It's a bit chilly in the morning and doesn't have headlights but it beats walking!

Talked to the insurance carrier yesterday. They said things should be settled in about 2 weeks (
fl.gif

Do y'all have a truck or anything right now?

No headlights - hope there's a lot of stars to guide you around. Does the course have the cart covers so you won't freeze when the weather gets too cold?

Good luck with the insurance settlement, hope they do the honorable thing and send enough to buy a car
fl.gif

And NO ONE TO HIRE - oh my! That's gonna place a real load on you once your help skip off to school :(

Good morning!

Does it feel like summer is running out for everyone? My 2 pro shop employees are getting ready to go back to school...the 21 yr old will be back to college next week and the 16 yr old back to high school the week after that. DH & I were in town yesterday and picked up some winter clothes. Someone was telling us to expect a freeze (or at least a heavy frost) in a few weeks. Where did summer go?

Yup i figure i got three weeks till the garden is done....

Morning!

Chris, sorry I missed a chance to get your help before you went home...thanks anyway lol. (Glad you made it back safely.)

League dinner went well. The 21 yr old actually helped me in the kitchen...he's a pretty good cleaner-upper when he tries
smile.png

Sunflour, your garden talk is making me miss mine. Not the weeding part, just the veggie part. Next year I'd like to try just a little container gardening if I can find a place to keep thing protected from the wind.

Hope you all have a great Thursday!

Hi Debby - maybe next time?
wink.png
Good to hear that your dinner went well - its great to know that your collective hard work is reviving the place. Are you planning on hibernating this winter? Good luck with the insurance peeps and enjoy the car hunting - that sounds like serious fun!

Have a good day!

Thanks Chris. Yep, definitely hibernating after October! I'm going to stay home, play with the cats, spend time here on BYC and finally unpack some boxes. So looking forward to all that! Who knows, I might even get some laundry done
lol.png

Morning!

Chris, sorry I missed a chance to get your help before you went home...thanks anyway lol. (Glad you made it back safely.)

League dinner went well. The 21 yr old actually helped me in the kitchen...he's a pretty good cleaner-upper when he tries
smile.png

Sunflour, your garden talk is making me miss mine. Not the weeding part, just the veggie part. Next year I'd like to try just a little container gardening if I can find a place to keep thing protected from the wind.

Hope you all have a great Thursday!

We didn't do a garden this year either (between hubby's surgery and being down, plus my chicken/duck chores.... ugh) but my SIL and neighbor have both given us some wonderful tomatoes and cukes lately. Renewed my motivation to start early next spring. Probably plant some seeds inside late winter. I WILL have one next summer!

Back
Top Bottom