The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Nope, but currently challenged with having to update mine with documents to prove I was born and married in USA to validate a name change in 1982!!!!
rant.gif

Have been dragging my feet on locating my birth certificate, marriage license and who knows what else.
barnie.gif

And to prove where I live - can't they just google that??

IMO another example of my theory that we now live in the Twilight Zone
hide.gif

Exactly!

Mine is complicated by the fact the PO doesn't deliver mail to our physical address, DH & I have different last names, we don't pay for our housing or utilities (the company provides that).

I'm invisible.

Speaking of banging your head against the wall...has anyone recently tried to get a driver's license in a different state?
he.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif
I was confused - I didn't have a problem when I moved to NM....

Exactly!

Mine is complicated by the fact the PO doesn't deliver mail to our physical address, DH & I have different last names, we don't pay for our housing or utilities (the company provides that).

I'm invisible.
Now I get it. Proof of residency. We don't have mail delivery at our physical address either, but the utilities are in our name with both addresses (PO and Physical). Can you use a paycheck?

I was confused - I didn't have a problem when I moved to NM....

Now I get it. Proof of residency. We don't have mail delivery at our physical address either, but the utilities are in our name with both addresses (PO and Physical). Can you use a paycheck?

Hi Friday! Every state is different. The paycheck is addressed to my PO box. I had to get a letter from my bank that showed both the PO box and physical address (I guess they figure if I keep money at a place around here, then I'm from around here too). DH had to write a note affirming I live at our address. but still one of the biggest stumbling blocks is my last name...it's not my maiden name and it's not DH's name. DH thinks the easiest way to solve all this is to get re-married (which might be fun anyway) and change my name to his.

All this to get a driver's license. Maybe I should just remain an alien?

Hi Friday! Every state is different. The paycheck is addressed to my PO box. I had to get a letter from my bank that showed both the PO box and physical address (I guess they figure if I keep money at a place around here, then I'm from around here too). DH had to write a note affirming I live at our address. but still one of the biggest stumbling blocks is my last name...it's not my maiden name and it's not DH's name. DH thinks the easiest way to solve all this is to get re-married (which might be fun anyway) and change my name to his.

All this to get a driver's license. Maybe I should just remain an alien?

In Georgia you would have to get re-married - the only proof for a name change here is a marriage license. And we have to also have a birth certificate, and 2 additional documents or ID's to prove residency :(

I'm still dragging my feet on digging thru old papers to find this stuff - personally thinking about just hiring a chauffeur service
lau.gif

In Georgia you would have to get re-married - the only proof for a name change here is a marriage license. And we have to also have a birth certificate, and 2 additional documents or ID's to prove residency :(

I'm still dragging my feet on digging thru old papers to find this stuff - personally thinking about just hiring a chauffeur service
lau.gif

I think your laws and ours are similar. The birth certificate is around the house here somewhere in one of the many, many boxes yet to be unpacked.

A chauffeur service might just be the way to go, lol!

Hope you all have a good Sunday, I'm on my way to work in my little golf cart and DH has promised to make us breakfast once I get down there
droolin.gif

Hi Friday! Every state is different. The paycheck is addressed to my PO box. I had to get a letter from my bank that showed both the PO box and physical address (I guess they figure if I keep money at a place around here, then I'm from around here too). DH had to write a note affirming I live at our address. but still one of the biggest stumbling blocks is my last name...it's not my maiden name and it's not DH's name. DH thinks the easiest way to solve all this is to get re-married (which might be fun anyway) and change my name to his. All this to get a driver's license. Maybe I should just remain an alien?
LOL, you are an alien! Although a wedding might be a lot of fun and a good excuse for a party. :) Have a great breakfast and rest of your day!

@N F C found my Identity "requirements" hope you found yours.

Found a solution to how to get my coop/run cleaned with my longer hours... DH does with a couple of my hen's supervising.
lau.gif

@N F C found my Identity "requirements" hope you found yours.

Found a solution to how to get my coop/run cleaned with my longer hours... DH does with a couple of my hen's supervising.
lau.gif

I think that there should be an international DH's day - we are so overworked and under appreciated
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom