The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

When I was a kid I loved my grandma's mincemeat pie. Years later, I tried a few recipes trying to re-create hers with no luck. It wasn't until I was telling my brother about the pies that he let me know grandma made her mince from squirrel!

End of experiment...no canned squirrel at the grocery store (and no, I'm not going squirrel hunting).

If only I lived closer, I'd keep you supplied.

When I was a kid I loved my grandma's mincemeat pie. Years later, I tried a few recipes trying to re-create hers with no luck. It wasn't until I was telling my brother about the pies that he let me know grandma made her mince from squirrel!

End of experiment...no canned squirrel at the grocery store (and no, I'm not going squirrel hunting).
There are a lot of Squirrels out there....Just sayin....Do you have the recipe for squirrel mincemeat?

When does the hurricane season end?
What a horrible thing for people to go through.I can understand folks not wanting to evacuate. You put down roots when you move into a house, make it a home - it gets dear to your heart - how do you walk away from that?
That is all just stuff, it can be replaced. Its always better to get out early!

I don't know if it's such a good idea to surprise people with squirrel or alligator for dinner. So many food allergies out there - you never know, Have an ambulance sitting around just in case.

I suppose if the squirrel had recently consumed peanuts - the diner could have double allergic reaction. :old

Back
Top Bottom