The Old Folks Home

:frow everyone!

We dropped another dead tree this morning. This one over 20 inches in diameter. It had died last spring and we left it standing till we could get to it. It was completely brittle except for the main trunk. Probably should have dropped it last fall but we didn't. Very messy tree.

Other than that, pretty routine day here.

Admit it, @getaclue, you love that duckling already!:hugs
I have an old Box Elder tree that should have been taken out years ago. Unfortunately it is on an incline and when it falls it will likely take out part of my fence.

I have an old Box Elder tree that should have been taken out years ago. Unfortunately it is on an incline and when it falls it will likely take out part of my fence.
You will need an expert for that one!

They do amazing things with ropes and climbing up into the tree

Dd #2 came over early this morning. We dispatched 2 roosters, then put up wire mesh on the exposed side of the coop, in preparation for when I move the chicks, duckling out there. The exposed side has 2 x 4 heavy welded wire, which is fine to keep predators out, but doesn't keep raccoons from reaching in. The mesh is 4 ft tall, so nobody will get snatched. The roosts are far enough away, nothing can reach any birds on them, but sometimes younger birds will huddle in a corner of the coop at night, until they eventually take to the roosts. Now, they can do that, and they're safe.

That is SOP for me, even more so since I tripped up on my computer keyboard cord and wound up on the floor. Didn't break anything as luckily I didn't fall that hard. I have to admit that there is a benefit to being short...not so far to the ground/floor.

Which is why Appaloosa/Morgan cross was a small horse. Shorter distance to the ground when unscheduled dismounts happened. :lau

Rain here starting overnight. I think it's warmer now than it was earlier today. I managed to get my started plants fertilized. I still have some planting to do but it will have to wait till this rain is done with us. Maybe a week from the way things look.

DH had bought new chains for the saw and they are going through the wood like a hot knife through butter. It sure makes cutting wood, especially big trunks a lot easier for him.
I thought about y'all while I was sharpening the chain and cleaning up the Echo. How often do you take the case off and clean all the oily sawdust crud out? And can you get the spark plug wire off without removing the air cleaner and carb?

Never watch that sorry not my cup of tea
Your loss ;) We don't have TV but I've seen some YouTube videos. There is a lot of talent out there. A clown shot from a cannon would not be representative of the acts they have.

Does anybody besides me find clowns to be a bit creepy...with the exception of Red Skelton's Freddie the Freeloader.
Lots of clown haters here! I've not generally found them to be creepy. And Red Skelton was THE BEST comedian ever.

I just use Tracfone. $30 every two months, 300min only 500 megabytes data
Do you need talk minutes? I found that we (other than DW) never use up the talk minutes or texts. The cheapest way to get Tracfone service is to choose the least expensive option (1 month of service, some quantity of talk/text/data) then at checkout say "Yes I WOULD like an additional 365 days of service for $50. Including taxes it is < $70 a year.

We dropped another dead tree this morning. This one over 20 inches in diameter.
You have a lot of BIG dead trees! I think the biggest things I have around here are probably no more than 16", most a fair bit less. Of course that makes it take a lot longer to get a quantity of wood.

Back
Top Bottom