The Old Folks Home

I try to avoid Mickey D's, but sometimes you just need a simple and quick bite. I've only eaten it in Europe, but I'd say the taste is pretty much the same in every country. After writing that sentence, I looked up a Big Mac, and apparently the ingredients are manufactured all over Europe, so I would assume the stuff comes from the same factory in pretty much every European restaurant.
I have not been to a Mc Donalds in a long time. The smell makes me feel bad now.

Luckily we have In and Out Burgers here. They are all fresh meat and you can watch them making frys from fresh potatoes from the drive through.

I have not been to a Mc Donalds in a long time. The smell makes me feel bad now.

Luckily we have In and Out Burgers here. They are all fresh meat and you can watch them making frys from fresh potatoes from the drive through.
Here you can only get a decent burger at a proper restaurant, but then you pay 10-12 euros for it. I don't think the McDonalds burgers are that bad either though. Sure, eating a lot of them is unhealthy, but a few times a year isn't that bad.

How large is a big mac in the states? Here it's about 4 inches in diameter.

Here you can only get a decent burger at a proper restaurant, but then you pay 10-12 euros for it. I don't think the McDonalds burgers are that bad either though. Sure, eating a lot of them is unhealthy, but a few times a year isn't that bad.

How large is a big mac in the states? Here it's about 4 inches in diameter.

The size sounds about right--They are a bit cheaper though...

Europe has better rules about GMOs? The food is likely a better quality.

Last edited:
Yummy... Take those same shrimp set them aside and make the Avocado prep for the coctail.... YOu wont regret trying it.

deb

I looked at them before and they were pretty pricy... close to two hundred dollars but then I didint really know what they did. Now I know the name I found one online that was under fifty bucks.

AVR on Amazon prime

This one has four outlets on the back... I plan to buy a full on freezer and a full on refrigerator. They are called Side Kicks. will this work for the both of them? Or would I have to have two because of the draw that refrigerators and freezers make. (these are exactly what was killed before)

Oh and I also will eventually have their outlets wired to their own breaker. Sigh if it were possible I would love to have a single unit wired in at the breaker Since I have to have a portion of the house redone anyway.

But in the interem something like this would protect at least a refrigerator long enough...

Now you got me thinking OZ... thanks.

deb
National building code requires one single outlet per breaker on all outlets behind appliances. In our SoCal home I put breakers in for:

Fridge
Freezer
Wine Fridge
Sink Disposal
Instant Hot Water Dispenser
Built in microwave
Stove
Ovens
Hood
Flat Iron Grill
and 2 for power outlets

In the Philippines I have AVR and 110V power transformers at the breaker box. I would use one for both frifge and freezer as ther are 10amp reated

I try to avoid Mickey D's, but sometimes you just need a simple and quick bite. I've only eaten it in Europe, but I'd say the taste is pretty much the same in every country. After writing that sentence, I looked up a Big Mac, and apparently the ingredients are manufactured all over Europe, so I would assume the stuff comes from the same factory in pretty much every European restaurant.
I ate at a McDonalds in Venice, Italy.

A friend of mine spent some time travelling Europe... High school graduation present was a round trip ticket to England and two thousand dollars she was told not to come back till the money was gone. This was in the late sixties. She went with a girlfriend who had the same deal with her parents. They were gone two years. Taking the train staying in Youth Hostels and working their way up to Italy. Then eventually Isreal where they worked on a Kibbutz.

The deal was her freind was always suffering from digestive issues. My friend Denise was not. Why? bEcause Denise was an adventurous eater always eating the street food or local fair... Her friend was always looking for Hamburgers or hot dogs or something familiar. When they were in Isreal and her friend was having another bout of digestive issues. Her friend asked her why Denise never got sick...

Denise simply said... Have you ever seen a cow in these parts? Sheep Goats and the occasional Camel but no cattle. Kind of makes you wonder what those burgers are made of....

deb
I have not eaten McDonald in many countries. I ate my share in Oz and had a big mac in Paris. They all had the same plastic consistency. The sausage and egg mcmuffin is not toasted in some countries.

The only food poisoning I got in Asia was from a hamburger in a local place. Eating what the locals eat at the same time as the locals increases the odds of what you are eating is fresh and is way more exciting than burgers

The size sounds about right--The are a bit cheaper though...

Europe has better rules about GMOs? The food is likely a better quality.
Has anyone actually tasted a difference between feedlot cattle fed GMO corn versus non-GMO corn?

lets not get into a debate about whether GMO is going to cause the end of the world, Please only comment on experiences withquality, taste and texture.

I mostly eat Finnish beef, very little corn is used in their feed. I don't really have anything to compare it to though.

I agree on the local food. In my opinion, the best part of travelling is the food.

Back
Top Bottom