The Old Folks Home

The taste is everything I could ask for!

I made a sandwich for myself, made one for DH for supper, and then I ate the rest of that beauty like an apple with a little salt. I started to eat a second one, but resisted that temptation! I will take one to work today, though.

If you pick them while still green, they will ripen, but they taste bland and mealy (like store-bought tomatoes) but if you let them ripen on the vine the taste is full and strong and just heavenly. I like mine more on the acidic side, but I know some people can't take that.

I am very pleased with the taste of these. What's the point of growing tomatoes if they don't taste better than the store-bought ones?

There is not much point in eating them if they aren't better than the store bought ones.

The worst sandwich ive ever had...was WONDERFUL!!! Just saying

I can't say that. I ate too many cold roast beef sandwiches from a Chow Hall that were left in front of an aircraft until I finished the task I was on. Eating those for weeks on end with that recontituted Chocolate Milk is enough to make you hate them.

I try and do a roast every week. I do roasted potatoes, butternut squash, sweet potatoes and big carrots as well.

The roast can be poultry, lamb beef or pork.

We serve with peas and a good dark gravy.

Get the left overs and slice the veggies layer them with the protein and some gravy and toast then in a panini grill with chiabata bread and fresh ground pepper.

Now that's a sandwich!!

Last edited:
Meatballs made with half, pork half ground sirloin,two day old bread, parsley and egg to bind. Fried in olive oil. Then cooked in a good thick tomato based spaghetti sauce.

Left over meatballs, sauteed egg plant and provolone on a French baguette.

Maybe I am sharing too much.

Bamadude may try and steal my wife away

Egg, mayonnaise, curry powder.

Peanut butter and honey.

Skirt steak with fajita spices, Mexican ranchero cheese, roasted Anaheim chilies.

Vegemite and super crisp iceberg lettuce on buttered white bread.

Corn tortillas, ranchero cheese and roasted poblano peppers.

Tomato lettuce beets cucumber grated carrot and swiss cheese with a drizzle of oregano infused olive oil on thick white bread.

Back
Top Bottom