The Old Folks Home

Maine has too short of a growing season.
The tornado alerts are being dropped because currently the rotation is diminishing but still a lot of hail reports all over town up to 1".
About half the people have left the ball game. The rest are staying hoping the game still happens. We're stopped in the middle of the second inning.

I got all the chickens locked up except the pullet that insists on sleeping in a big Norway Spruce. I can't get to her because the tree that fell a couple nights ago is on my ladders.
I have to go out and set all my traps.

A new report of strengthening rotation but the new reports are continuing to be farther south from us.
Now the bulk of the weather is right over the city (St. L.) which is well south of me.
That should pass in the next hour.
Play Ball!!! Beat those Cubbies.
SWEEP

The new hail reports are up to 2.6" but luckily none here.

Last edited:
Hope it all misses you CC. Though I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't want to be there for it. I love big weather...
Buddy, you are welcome to it! Yesterday was my turn to be inside of the red warning-box, and it's not a place I like to be. Not quite as intense as what it sounds like CC is seeing, but there was a funnel cloud spotted that lifted before the storm got to our neighborhood.

And of course, nobody has cellars around here.
idunno.gif

Thankfully almost all homes in this part of the world have cellars/basements.

It kind of amazes me how few homes in much of tornado alley don't have cellars.

Last edited:
There were several rescues overnight. I don't think anyone drown.

ETA
We usually average 2.25 inches for the month of June. We've already smashed the record for the wettest June here which was 12.25 inches.
Up till yesterday we had 26 inches of rain for the year.

A town in northwestern Missouri holds the world record for a high-intensity rain, having received 12 inches within a 42-minute period on June 22, 1947.

Oh boy, could we use some of that rain..sorry so much is coming your way. We are in a serious drought, even though we had all of that rain a couple of months back. It just stopped, and here were are in the low 100's. :/ My poor chickens. They are panting and standing with their wings out.

lau.gif

It's a shame how these weather patterns create feast or famine.
More accurately flooding or drought. Lets lobby to build some big pipelines across the country. We can fill all your reservoirs.
We've only had a few days in the 90s so fay. We're usually very hot here by now but we've been lucky.

Just a reminder that people are born just the same all over the world. Ideologies and experiences change some of them and causes us to misunderstand that.
Alicia Lemke, Matt Harding, Gary Schyman, Melissa Nixon and others have put together some great reminders of that concept.
I play this when I want to feel better.
Here's the version without the lyric subtitles which makes it easier to read the locations.

When I watch this now, I wonder what has become of the boys in Erbil or the dance troupe in Damascus.

another cool one

I love Matt! It's almost like he is bringing us all together. :)

Tornado just touched down due west of here moving this way. More development but it looks like it is going to skirt just south of us.
The Cardinal, Cub game is in a weather delay due to the tornado sirens.
They just said people are leaving Busch Stadium with strong rotation heading that way.

Some lively air overhead. Sirens going off and my cell just got an extreme emergency alert.
That's good, I have a lot of work to do in the cellar and I don't have to miss any of the ball game.
However, I don't need any more trees down.
We have that green tornado sky going on. It is really eerie looking outside.
It is shifting slightly to the south so I think we're good.

The TV station we're watching has a tornado heading their way and they just called for all personnel to go to the safe room.
Their roof camera is aimed toward where the tornado is coming from and keeping that view on screen.

I'll check back in later.

I'd have to say I've been very lucky with all the tornadoes that have touched down so close to me over the years....several less than 10 miles away...one less than 5....that briefly touched down...destroyed several homes...lifted..went over my house and touched back down about 10 miles away..destroying a couple of dozen homes...

I've only seen one tornado form and touch down...out in the middle of nowhere....and it didn't damage anything...

HOWEVER: ...This is really freaky: I was watching a mean cloud bank approach from the west some years back...when it got overhead...it was eerily calm and when I looked up....straight overhead...I saw the clouds begin to rotate.....

I went and got the cordless and called my brother....I told him to look north because I thought a tornado was forming right on top of me...and being right under it...I wouldn't be able to see a tail...

He said his wife said she saw a tail....but he said:" I think she just sees rain...." ....the wind started picking up....and it started to rain....so I went inside..

Less than 5 mins. later...my brother calls back and says a massive tornado just hit downtown (east of me)....I said:" Uh huh....dipstick...that one that formed on top of me that was just rain....."

What's even more unbelievable....is...it happened again!!!! This one went southeast and tore up a bunch of houses about 10miles away.....

Two tornadoes spawned directly overhead....I witnessed both.....

Back
Top Bottom