The Old Folks Home

A squirrel just got saved by fate.
When the trap triggered, by some miracle the trigger stopped the jaws from closing completely.

This is what I'm using.
http://www.flemingoutdoors.com/duke-110-body-t.html

I bought them for mink and weasels but the work perfectly for squirrels. Don't even need a gun to go squirrel hunting. Just a bucket of sunflower seed. Don't even need to cut a hole in it. Let the squirrels do the work.

Chicken Canoe, Nice going but, you should have tracked him down. Now he'll tell all his relatives about your trap,
barnie.gif
Do you have plan B?

Do you guys really eat squirrel? Not something I hear of anyone eating around here. Deer. Elk. Bear. Grouse. Dove. Pheasant. Antelope. Turkey. These are the things we mostly think of when hunting. No trapping anything to eat though. Deer, Elk, and Pheasant are the big hunts out here. We have the Mule Deer here. Big deer!

You don't eat squirrels because you have elk.
Squirrels are quite tasty and are great in a gravy. I used to eat them growing up but haven't for a long time but I have a pile of them I need to think about what to do with.
Rabbits are so much easier to clean. I think I'll try the propane torch thing.

We have to eat squirrels because European explorers and settlers killed all our elk and bison.

We did just get a new elk herd established in southern MO and another in northern AR. We have a few bison herds but they're are either in parks or private property.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom