The Old Folks Home

Morning everyone.
So much need for prayers today. For our country, our future, our friends, our families, our losses. Just so much.

May I please add just one more?

My daughter is married to her teenage sweetheart. A guy I always liked (and soon adopted as a second "son") but must admit I had my doubts about.
They had a rough start, both working at the same burger joint, one step forward, two steps back, but always in the same direction, together.
Now, so many years later, they have two beautiful grown daughters (that I have bragged on often on here) my daughter has went back to school (again)
now working on her master's, while continuing to work with troubled teens.
That young man I had my doubts about? He grew up. He turned into a great husband, provider, friend and the most amazing, loving,
God fearing (and loving) dad any mom could ever pray for for her daughter and grandchildren.

So why am I asking for prayer? It's for that great husband and amazing dad. He is also a police officer. One of the very good ones.
So are the great bunch of guys that are his Bass fishing buddies. Please pray for them. I worry for their safety this morning.

Last edited:
Any praying folks out there, we'd appreciate a few for one of my best friends, family....
http://www.thedailystar.com/news/lo...cle_727e0dec-05c6-5946-9ca5-b11ff1f69cc5.html
His little sister posted this on facebook, prayers are super appreciated.
He's in really rough, bad bad shape, but stable. I didn't want to bring it up here, just praying for miracles.

I babysat him and his older brother when they were little kids and I was a teen. When he was a teen it was him that got me into rabbit hunting with beagles, if you ever saw one of my posts about harvesting hundreds of rabbits and they are excellent done up like hot wings, this was the guy that helped make it happen. I adopted a male beagle pup, tried training him on rabbits just like on the movie 'Where the red fern grows' (that was with coons though)  dragged a rabbit through the woods this way and that, to see if he would follow it, he did, but never barked....  I mentioned it to him, thinking I had a crappy silent beagle, he laughed, "why would he bark at a dead rabbit, LOL!" Little punk 15yr old took me and my little male pup with him and his beagle on a hunt, I'll never forget that little pup beagle of mine opening up and bawling like a coon hound after that first rabbit, his female right behind, she sounded yippy, squeaky, turned into a long time friendship. Kid would wake me up every day, come on! lets go hunting! Day after day, lived for it, more for the dogs than us, loved that about him, never shot the rabbit if we jumped it, "let the dogs run it" he'd say...There's nothing to compare it, deer hunting is awesome, IF you get one, rabbit hunting with beagles is a guaranteed priceless....
Praying for you hard my friend.

Praying

Morning everyone.
So much need for prayers today.  For our country, our  future, our friends, our families, our losses.  Just so much.

My daughter is married to her teenage sweetheart.  A guy I always liked (and soon adopted as a second "son")  but must admit I had my doubts about.
They had a rough start, both working at the same burger joint, one step forward, two steps back, but always in the same direction, together.
Now, so many years later, they have two beautiful grown daughters (that I have bragged on often on here) my daughter has went back to school (again)
That young man I had my doubts about?  He grew up.  He turned into a great husband, provider, friend and the most amazing, loving,
God fearing (and loving) dad any mom could ever pray for for her daughter and grandchildren.

So why am I asking for prayer?  It's for that great husband and amazing dad.  He is also a police officer.  One of the very good ones.
So are the great bunch of guys that are his Bass fishing buddies.  Please pray for them.  I worry for their safety this morning.

Praying for him as well.

Morning everyone.
So much need for prayers today. For our country, our future, our friends, our families, our losses. Just so much.

So why am I asking for prayer? It's for that great husband and amazing dad. He is also a police officer. One of the very good ones.
So are the great bunch of guys that are his Bass fishing buddies. Please pray for them. I worry for their safety this morning.
Will continue to pray for all of the above. The Police shootings have had such an impact.

Morning everyone.

My daughter is married to her teenage sweetheart. A guy I always liked (and soon adopted as a second "son") but must admit I had my doubts about.
That young man I had my doubts about? He grew up. He turned into a great husband, provider, friend and the most amazing, loving,

Will do. I just hope he isn't working in Cleveland this week.

How the heck do you trap a legged hotdog?

With a squirrel trap.

And guess what ladies and gents!!!!

We buttoned up the poultry, the one in isolation was brought into the mudporch... We put a ring of sticky traps and one have-a-heart trap around the duck nesting in the raspberries (right outside the fence... No risk to her or the hoard of ducklings that her sisters are caring for)

We put one trap right where the nasty critter tried to pull our sweet 4 year old bantam through a 1x2 inch hole in the fence...

After a mostly sleepless night... I kept waking up and doing perimeter checks around the ducklings and broody duck...

We caught it!!! :eek: I just didn't think my luck was gunna turn..... I was sure it would elude all traps and keep killing!!!

It turns out..... It wasn't a stoat...full on weasel...not all that much bigger, but still a little bigger.

Just floored. We will set up traps tonight too...in case it wasn't alone.

With a squirrel trap.

And guess what ladies and gents!!!!

We buttoned up the poultry, the one in isolation was brought into the mudporch... We put a ring of sticky traps and one have-a-heart trap around the duck nesting in the raspberries (right outside the fence... No risk to her or the hoard of ducklings that her sisters are caring for)

We put one trap right where the nasty critter tried to pull our sweet 4 year old bantam through a 1x2 inch hole in the fence...

After a mostly sleepless night... I kept waking up and doing perimeter checks around the ducklings and broody duck...

We caught it!!!
ep.gif
I just didn't think my luck was gunna turn..... I was sure it would elude all traps and keep killing!!!

It turns out..... It wasn't a stoat...full on weasel...not all that much bigger, but still a little bigger.

Just floored. We will set up traps tonight too...in case it wasn't alone.

Awesome! Glad you caught at least one. Best of luck with its buddies.

Wonder if these would work on them? Do they use their front paws as= hands, like raccoons do?
This is the Z-trap we used to catch 3 coons so far. The animal reaches into the top of the tube (baited with cat/dog food, anything that will tempt it to reach in) and the band wraps around its wrist/ankle and they can't get loose. These things are so strong, I can't set one by myself. Not strong enough to squeeze it. But they are safe around dogs, chickens, and such, because they can't reach in for the treat. The trigger mechanism is a few inches deep inside, so even if a dog sniffs of licks them, it can't reach the trigger)
(the orange thing in the picture is a tool to help one person set it, but I haven't tried one of those yet)
654060_ts.jpg

Prayers for your SIL and all the boys and girls in blue.
My sister loved patrol but my mom was always frantic. When sis took a detective job, my mom was ecstatic. We laughed about her job change and "getting her off the streets". I'll be glad when she retires.

Huh... Those would be interesting... Might work if the critter decided to crawl inside...

But these things really are like a hotdog with tiny little legs......

The have-a-heart worked... So we will keep using it...

Kid that found the trapped weasel yelled to me that we had caught it...I told him that he would have to say it four more times...and show me the cage before I could believe our good fortune..... He did!

Back
Top Bottom