The Old Folks Home

Quote: You can keep that snow and ice !
All my life I had been in S. Calif. then went to Connecticut for a winter when I was in the Navy. I was never so cold. 6 months of torture, the next stop was Hawaii. Still took me weeks to warmup. I'll take the 100 degrees everyday, anything under 80 and I get cold.

Latestarter, I usually have my hair pulled back in French braids when working in hot weather. If I feel too warm, I hose my head down until my hair is soaked. The braids hold water for hours; better than a wet bandanna!

I'd think ice water would be for emergency use only; a smart person would take measures to cool off before such extreme measures were necessary. Since heat-induced headaches are a common complaint, ice water on a hot head sounds excruciating!

Quote:

cool damp not ice on the neck in an emergency cool down.... its braincells that you need to protect.

deb

dsgard  love the bug bottle quilt,  I used to collect lightning bugs and what we called "banana spiders" (they were yellow & black). So that's your hubby,  he has such cute little feet and toes. Are they really his, or is someone else behind the quilt?

Nope Diva it is all him. Someone on FB commented they were glad you could see his collar in the picture. He was pretty much dressed behind the quilt. ;)

LL

That's cool!
LL

So is this!
lol.png

Serious though, that blanket is one that several of my grandsons would love to have!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom