The Old Folks Home

The perimeter of my coop has been weed whacked, and all under my hotwire lines. I had to readjust all the lines anyway. It's been sooooooo dry here. I watered out by my ground rods, and will continue to do so for the next few days. I've got to make sure that area has enough moisture. I've also had to water my crepe myrtles I recently planted. We've been watering the grass, a little, up closer to the house. There were too many bare spots, which invites ants, and the kids track sand into the house. Most of the other things, are fine.

According to the weather reports, starting Wed. all through until the end of next week, we should see some rain. I hope it doesn't do like before, and we only get about 10 minutes of a light mist.

All the neighbors have been laughing at Dh. Normally, we get quite a bit of rain. Our driveway was a bit low, so after a week of cars going in, and out, it began to look more like a mud bog. Not deep, but fairly large, and all the grass torn up. Last year, he had dirt delivered, and tractor work to help elevate that area. Then, he had crushed asphalt delivered, and smoothed on top of that. It looks great, and our driveway area is high, and dry. The reason the neighbors are laughing, is that we've not had much rain, since he got the driveway done.

I guess he chased the rain away by preparing for it!

Yes, last time it read, 8 and 9. I joked I had been a member for 89 years.
You are holding up quite well for someone who is over 100! (I am assuming you were at least the required minimum age of 13 when you joined)

That is a bit worrisome.

Hey folks. Here’s me. Trying to be social again. Missed my chicken peeps.
Nice to see you again!

Back
Top Bottom