The Old Folks Home

It rained all night and the creek was already high, so this morning the field next door and across the street are flooded and there’s a raging river going down my driveway. Our house and yard are on a hill so we’re okay, but DD’s car can’t drive up our rough and rutted driveway, so she parks at the end. The water was up past her doors.

Did you see any severe weather where you all are?

The trampoline is up. The kids got to test it out, before it got dark. They slept in the tent last night too. They had a big day yesterday, and were too excited to go to bed early, so we let them stay up pretty late. They're still sleeping.

I had ordered a Johnny Apple Peeler. Yesterday, I got to try it out. It's FANTASTIC! I started with peeling, slicing, and coring apples, on the factory setting. I went through a bag of apples in no time. I decided we were having mashed potatoes for supper, and adjusted it, to peel potatoes. I did reduce the tension on the arm, slightly. It went through 5 # of potatoes lightning fast. When there was just Dh, and me, I didn't really see the need for one. With 6 of us, it's a time saving device, that's well worth the expense.
We got one from a Christmas Tree Shop. Yes they do work great when adjusted right.

Back
Top Bottom