The Old Folks Home

Just a little update. Over half have hatched. Tomorrow is day 21.
View attachment 3767392
Woo-Hoo!!! So cute, and so exciting!:love:weeYou have quite the assortment there! I need to enjoy everyone else's chicks this year as I have no room for more chickens (and we're overwhelmed with eggs just from our 8 young girls). So YES, bring on the chick pics!😍

Woo-Hoo!!! So cute, and so exciting!:love:weeYou have quite the assortment there! I need to enjoy everyone else's chicks this year as I have no room for more chickens (and we're overwhelmed with eggs just from our 8 young girls). So YES, bring on the chick pics!😍
I'll only keep a few of the pullets. I need some Dark Cornish pullets for my boy Legs. By the time he is mature enough to breed these young pullets hatch now will be laying.

It is another nice day here!

We do have a bit of rain in the forecast for late Sunday to Tuesday.
I think we're in the path of the same storm systems. Lovely sunny day today but rain's supposed to start tonight (Friday) and continue through Tuesday. Three sunny days -- sure was nice while it lasted! (Sorry, chooks, back under cover tomorrow...)

I'll only keep a few of the pullets. I need some Dark Cornish pullets for my boy Legs. By the time he is mature enough to breed these young pullets hatch now will be laying.
Cue the music: "Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match..." Legs is a very lucky boy! (And so handsome, too.)

Back
Top Bottom