The Olive-Egger thread!

ronott1, my CCLxCP OE pullets look almost identical to yours, body shape and coloring, except yours have more variation in the color of the neck feathers and crest. Count yourself lucky that you got all pullets! From the abundance of males I've seen, they are definitely auto-sexing. At 17 weeks your pullets are about the same age as mine and still the body shape is not so full, I wonder if that is from the CP; it seems like the CCL pullets get heavier sooner.

I think the Blue Barnies are an interesting shade of splash compared to my splash Marans which are much whiter overall. I'd love to see how the olive egg colors compare between the different dark egg layers.

I have 2 EE hens that i have crossed with a Feathered Black Copper Maran Roo. Will all the female chicks be olive egg laying or just the pea comb? Also how about the roos from this cross will they all throw the blue egg gene? Im new to this and appreciate any help

I have 2 EE hens that i have crossed with a Feathered Black Copper Maran Roo. Will all the female chicks be olive egg laying or just the pea comb? Also how about the roos from this cross will they all throw the blue egg gene? Im new to this and appreciate any help
I'm just getting started with OEs too. I think your best chance for olive eggs is with the hens with pea combs. There is a slim chance that a straight combed hen will lay olive but very slim. I'd say it's the same with roos too. Maybe someone more experienced will chime in.

Back
Top Bottom