The Olive-Egger thread!

If you can, I recommend getting something called a "uninterruptable power supply" or UPS. They sell them at best buy and maybe even walmart. They are designed to keep power for many hours if you lose power. It is like a big battery/surge protector you plug your stuff into. It is absolutely perfect for incubators and helps keep peace of mind.

Loving the blonde hair on my olive egger boys. He's 15 weeks old today. He's already taller than all my other hens. He's a BCM hen x Blue Isbar roo.

wow, what a handsome boy!

I have one with similar colors, I bought him as an olive egger cockerel at 8 weeks, but I do not think he carries blue egg gene, judging by his comb - he is Ameraucana X BCM cross. But I kept him anyway, as I love this color combination.

Last edited:
Interesting. Look like he has a black beard. :) Isbar's are actually green layers and are the only green layer with a straight comb. I got the fertilized eggs from a friend and hatched them under a broody hen. I have some BCM's I might try crossing them with to see if I can get an F2 olive egger. I guess it's 50/50 whether the F2's will lay olive eggs or not from what I understand. One of my boys has feathered legs and the other one not. I wonder if that means the one with no feathered legs has more Isbar genes? Here's the other boy. Hard to tell he has feathered legs. The feathers aren't very long.

Gapey,

Your cockerels are gorgeous and very large for their age. My rooster is 6 months old on the pic. He is not very big, but he is quite heavily built. He has a black beard and wattles.

This is a better pic of him, along with his brother (olive egger) and Lavender Orp cockerel.

Our Olive Egger pullets, Scheherazade, 14 weeks old (Welsummer colored) and Olive, 23 weeks old (black). No eggs yet, I am so anxious!

Scheherazade is a cross of Welsummer (hen) and Easter Egger (roo). She looks like a Welsummer pullet, except for the pea comb.
Olive is a cross of Ameraucana and Black Copper Maran.

Those eggs are so pretty!
Thanks! I was hoping people wouldn't mind they aren't clean, going to be hatching the other 3 eggs so I cannot wash them for picture taking purposes.
hmm.png

Hoping the sister starts laying eggs soon! I need some egg production from the younger birds this winter.

This is 1 of 4 due today, under a hen. EE/leghorn- so I know will not be olive, but hopefully blue eggs. Yes this is a big new hatched chick. egg looked like double yolk but was not. "Chub"

Back
Top Bottom