The Olive-Egger thread!

I have a roo who is a chocolate silver duckwing with pink earlobes. When I get a breeding pen set up I was thinking of putting a Saphire (CCLxWLH) pullet with him to see if the offspring will keep the pink earlobes. I also have an OE hen who is a silver that I think I want to pair with him.
Moose, the F2 Olive Egger with pink earlobes.
Tizzy, the Saphire

I haven't got one of Crystal the silver OE hen. Must remedy that tomorrow.

Good news! Another one of my Isbar x Marans Olive Eggers started laying yesterday and got another one today. Happy to say these ones are not light brown like her sisters. They are huge dark olive. The first one weighed in at 58g and the one today at 61g. I think they may be from the same pullet. So still waiting for the 3rd to start laying. Here's the 4 eggs I've gotten so far from the olive eggers.

It appears Green Fire Farms first imports aren't carrying 2 green egg genes. That's the only explanation for the brown egg. The person I got the fertilized eggs from said she did have one Isbar that laid white eggs and she culled her. She used Isbar roos for the ones I have.

Do I have an olive egger? I have two hens I raised half some kind of easter egger half new jersey giant. They both started laying. I can tell their eggs apart. My gray hen lays the lighter green.

My black hen lays the slightly darker green.

These eggs were pretty so I thought I would set them. not the brown though , it had a crack. The eggs all have "blue" feathered birds. Blue andelusian, blue Isbar, and blue frizzle.

Back
Top Bottom