The Olive-Egger thread!

Good luck on your new adventure into EE and OE breeding. Heres my 4 im starting my ee and eo from. I have 2 ee pullets 1 oe pullet (cream leg bar/barred rock mix) and a blue splash maran cockrwl.

I am so excited! I have have some eggs under a broody hen at the moment, half black copper marans and half olive eggers first generation!!! I can't wait - I've never had them before! They are a black copper marans Roo over a cream legbar hen - I'm calling them 'Marsbar' hens! Fingers crosses I'll get some girls and eventually - some eggs!!!

I am so excited! I have have some eggs under a broody hen at the moment, half black copper marans and half olive eggers first generation!!! I can't wait - I've never had them before! They are a black copper marans Roo over a cream legbar hen - I'm calling them 'Marsbar' hens! Fingers crosses I'll get some girls and eventually - some eggs!!!
Hahaha!!

They will be sexlinks, cockerels will be black with a white dot on their heads at hatch.

I crossed a golden cuckoo Marans with a wheaten Ameraucana. All three resulting OE hens have kind of a golden cuckoo look, with some barring and pale gold on their necks, and all three lay a green/olive egg.

Now I've crossed these OEs with a lavender Ameraucana. I hatched 3 eggs. Two chicks are yellow, and one is black, with a just little white. I thought the chicks would all be the same color. Does someone know if the color difference indicates which sex they are?

Need help with auto sexing
Have a roo that is extended black but mom what buff pro so he showed copper on wings and hackle and his sisters were all buff(all mixed breeds) if I mate him with my silver laced with babies be auto sexing?

Is the result always an olive egger? I have some Ameraucana hens and a Welsummer rooster. They are still young.

IdealPoultry.com. So by 2 blue egg genes do you mean that mother and father were both Ameraucana, instead of a mix?

I went to their website and pulled this statement from their Ameracauna page.

"Our poultry is purebred and represent the breed and variety; however, we do not guarantee or represent that they are show quality."

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom