The Olive-Egger thread!

Hey all,
Q,. If I have an EE hen and breed w a welsummer roo, will that create an olive egger?

I find it unclear if the roo or the hen brings the blue Gene to the mix or does it come from both , meaning, if I have a male EE and a female brown egg layer, will they make an olive egger too?

I hope I have wrote my question clear cause it makes my head fuzzy trying to keep it clear. Lol
Tks
Blue egg gene can come from either hen or cock.
Using an EE cuts the possibility in half of it passing down to offspring.

I describe her as red crested because she has the legbar crest from my legbar and the only hen I have with that coloring is my Rhode Island Red. What do you think???
View attachment 1067109
She is Red, and she is Crested....so yeah, I hear ya. Cool looking bird!
I got a couple CCL's chicks this year.....they remind me of roadrunners, so I call them Meep and Beep.

@aart Thanks! I wasnt planning on keeping her when she hatched, but then she got that crest, and it is quite funny to see her with my CCLs! Meep and Beeb :lau I guess they are like road runners. If you get a roo you can call him Wiley :D

Does crossing with an Ameraucana have the same possibility of cutting the blue gene in half? I thought that I had a grip on the Easter Egger/Ameraucana thing, but not so much anymore. :confused:

I will try to get a good photo of the suspect egg in question... I tried finding equivalent colors on a Behr paint color chart, and came up with "Feng Shui" and "Desert Hotsprings" :th

Hi all!:frow
Here is a photo of my crested redhead and another of the egg in question!
IMG_2022.JPG
IMG_2027.JPG

Here are yesterday's eggs: bottom is a FBCMarans, left of that is the Olive egg, above that is my Ameraucana egg (it is standing at an angle)above that is a RIR, and next to that are 2 pullet eggs laid by my Buff Orp/Bielefelder mix within 2 minutes of each other! last egg is a Bielefelder.

So would you consider this an olive egger?:bow

I second on the spearmint, great colour! I have some F1 Olive Eggers that I might breed back to blue to get some spearmint shades, fingers crossed! Love the speckled Marans egg too, they're next on the list if I can sneak them in :D

Back
Top Bottom