The Olive-Egger thread!

Donna how are those eggs looking @ week 1? The rooster is unproven. Your babies will hatch 1 week before mine ;-P So I guess we will find out what blue copper over EE's look like
lau.gif
Well..... I waited till I got some eggs from an auction so I didn't set them till Friday so we may hatch the same time.
hide.gif
I set all the Olive Eggers I had too.... and everything else I could find. This is going to be my last hatch for many months... I will have a few small batches in the fall but no more BIG hatches. I set 120 eggs.

Olive Egger Experts..... who would you use and why? The Black or the Blue Copper??
Quote: I'm no expert but I too would go with the blue one. I have a BCM (from Wynette, very dark egg, but, he has these huge white tale feathers, and has to go.) over my EE's, all chicks are black excecpt for one fat little gray one with brown on its face. The Full moon was good to me.
My plan is to bring the pullets of this group and breed to my Lavender Ameruacana Roo and see the out come. Plus I have a boy and a girl from Wynette's First Generation Olive Eggers.

I have 10 4 weeks old (today) chicks out of a sq french blk.copper marans over a sq blk ameraucana and a lavender ameraucana. It look slike I have 4 roos and I am wondering, if there is an answer.....what egg color would the roos of this cross pass on? Or is this totally unknowable? Also, is it only the pullets with peacombs that would produce olive eggs? Or it this a given with this cross?
You don't always get olive eggs. You can get brown eggs, green eggs, half painted eggs (want some of those), many different shades.

A couple of pics of my 1st attempt at an OE cross, the chicks were born 4-1 and the pics were taken 10 days ago,,,,BCM roo over Wheaton Ameracana. Hopefully in a few months she lays an olive color egg. If so the plan will be to breed these 2 siblings and see the outcome

her brother

once they get through the next moult we'll see how they look,,,,

thoughts?

A couple of pics of my 1st attempt at an OE cross, the chicks were born 4-1 and the pics were taken 10 days ago,,,,BCM roo over Wheaton Ameracana. Hopefully in a few months she lays an olive color egg. If so the plan will be to breed these 2 siblings and see the outcome

her brother

thoughts?
Look at those broiler legs on that rooster.

her brother

thoughts?
I have a light blue roo and pullet just like yours.... LOL

Part of my goal with olive eggers is to have them breed true.... eventually. I REALLY like the black roo and I found out I have 2 pullets to match
clap.gif
So I may use him... it just seems easy... I like easy, no SOP no other colors... JUST BLACK.... and they are pretty too. I have black Ams so it would be easy to get the blue egg genes and keep the LOOK of the Olive Eggers.... we will see. I am keeping both for now.

her brother

thoughts?

Are my eyes playing tricks, or are these guys blue? Did you use a blue copper roo? They are just gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom