The Olive-Egger thread!

Can someone help me understand this chart?
The egg in the first column is the olive egg. Is that the F1? When it says F1 bred to dark layer, offspring bred to dark layer. Is that just kinda saying the same thing twice? Or does it mean F1 (the original olive egger) bred to a dark layer then the offspring of that pairing bred to a dark layer again? And of the top three eggs....Is the one on the left the F1 and the egg on the right the "dark layer" and the middle egg the result?
And I totally do not understand what is meant by the 3rd row.
"bred exclusively for pure blue or dark carrier. 3rd Gen should not yield blue or dark layers" What does that mean?
Help?

Can someone help me understand this chart?
The egg in the first column is the olive egg. Is that the F1?  When it says F1 bred to dark layer, offspring bred to dark layer.  Is that just kinda saying the same thing twice?  Or does it mean F1 (the original olive egger) bred to a dark layer then the offspring of that pairing bred to a dark layer again?  And of the top three eggs....Is the one on the left the F1 and the egg on the right the "dark layer" and the middle egg the result?
And I totally do not understand what is meant by the 3rd row.  
"bred exclusively for pure blue or dark carrier.  3rd Gen should not yield blue or dark layers"   What does that mean?   
Help?

My interpretation is that the first egg in the first row is an F1 olive egger egg. Breed that layer to a dark layer (their egg pictured on the right on top row), and the resulting egg color is the egg in the center of that row. Same method in each row (left x right= center). I think the third row is saying that also, but I don't understand bred exclusively statement either. Does it mean that two true olive eggers bred together won't ever yield a regular blue or brown egg?
I made all this up. Not my chart, just my interpretation.

My interpretation is that the first egg in the first row is an F1 olive egger egg. Breed that layer to a dark layer (their egg pictured on the right on top row), and the resulting egg color is the egg in the center of that row. Same method in each row (left x right= center). I think the third row is saying that also, but I don't understand bred exclusively statement either. Does it mean that two true olive eggers bred together won't ever yield a regular blue or brown egg?
I made all this up. Not my chart, just my interpretation.
This really helps. thanks

Someone had an egg that was grass green. Illia or Wynette? I think the chart is Illia and she has been missing in action for a long time now.

Might want to PM her, she does get on here but not often.

Last edited:
I know I wont Be stating till next spring, but no one out here knows about Olive eggers, so I'm gonna have to do this myself! lol. What do I need to do? I have 2 RIR, 4 arcana's..i think that's how you spell it, 2 copper marans on arcana mix, 1 buff O, 2 white bahams? haha cant spell... 3 silkies and 1 blue something..lol? and for roos, I have 1 buff O, and 1 Copper marans.

my olive egger is by far my strangest layer. She does not lay consistently and when she does one day it's a double yolker and the next it's a tiny egg. today she laid a large grey egg. I has a thick coating of bloom on it. When it is wet is looks the same color, but it dries grey again. Silly girl.

Back
Top Bottom