They are getting vitamins in their drink and yeast powder. As main food they have the default chick starter. We'll move onwards to mashed boiled eggs, peas and herbs (dandelion etc).
Do they have grit so that they can digest these other foods? They should have since they are being given foods other than just non medicated chick starter or duckling starter. They sure are cutie pies.

They are getting vitamins in their drink and yeast powder. As main food they have the default chick starter. We'll move onwards to mashed boiled eggs, peas and herbs (dandelion etc).
When it is over 20° outside, you should take the garden hose and create a little muddy spot, set the guinea-box on top of it and put the little ones inside. They get all the nutrients, grit and vitamins they need plus a lot of fun. And maybe they hit an oil- or natural-gas-pocket when drilling and you become stinky rich… 🤣

When it is over 20° outside, you should take the garden hose and create a little muddy spot, set the guinea-box on top of it and put the little ones inside. They get all the nutrients, grit and vitamins they need plus a lot of fun. And maybe they hit an oil- or natural-gas-pocket when drilling and you become stinky rich… 🤣
🥶20 f is frozen
20c ? is what , like 70f?

That has to be 20 degrees C. 20 degrees F means frozen duckcicles. lol

@Supercow - About your "failed" eggs: Little birds develop slower when the temperature in the incubator is lower. Now you may answer: »But my incubator as a precise digital thermometer controlling the heating element and it was set to precise 37.500001°…«
Let me tell you about these "high-precision" digital thermometers, one word:
🐂💩
Somehow my CCI has turned on and its thermometer shows 37.4°. Then i have two "high-precision" digital thermometers that came with my aquarium heaters. One shows 32.3°, the second one is at 34.2°. All three "high-precision" temperature probes sit side by side under a freezer-pack working as a thermal-mass… :confused:
Using myself as thermal-mass, the two "high-precision" digital thermometers show 36.8° (looks about right) and 34.4° in my arm-pit…

It is possible that the temperature inside of your incubator was low the entire time and therefore the remaining eggs developed a bit slower.

🥶20 f is frozen
20c ? is what , like 70f?
20° is 68F my imperial friend. 🤣

And though that may sounds cold for duxlings, my experience was very different: They need temperatures around 36° (96F) during the time they fluff up and during sleep, but all of my ducklings ran away from the heat-source when they were active and foraging. Remember Momma Duck: She is not carrying her ducklings under her wings. They zip around her, jump into the stream of cold water enjoy the rain…

Back
Top Bottom