@Supercow - About your "failed" eggs: Little birds develop slower when the temperature in the incubator is lower. Now you may answer: »But my incubator as a precise digital thermometer controlling the heating element and it was set to precise 37.500001°…«
Let me tell you about these "high-precision" digital thermometers, one word:
🐂💩
Somehow my CCI has turned on and its thermometer shows 37.4°. Then i have two "high-precision" digital thermometers that came with my aquarium heaters. One shows 32.3°, the second one is at 34.2°. All three "high-precision" temperature probes sit side by side under a freezer-pack working as a thermal-mass… :confused:
Using myself as thermal-mass, the two "high-precision" digital thermometers show 36.8° (looks about right) and 34.4° in my arm-pit…

It is possible that the temperature inside of your incubator was low the entire time and therefore the remaining eggs developed a bit slower.
Why though the huge air sacks and no movement?
Would that mean that they are WAY behind schedule?

I can easily check temperature because there are several temperature sensors around the house which are synced to each other and to the local weather station (ie. they do not suffer from a surplus of imagination... So i'll do that.

Why though the huge air sacks and no movement?
Would that mean that they are WAY behind schedule?

I can easily check temperature because there are several temperature sensors around the house which are synced to each other and to the local weather station (ie. they do not suffer from a surplus of imagination... So i'll do that.
Sometimes it is really hard to spot movement. Some of the little rascals don't move while being in the light. They will always be on the dark-side during their life.

It seems that the incubator is dyslexic, it shows 37.5 C when sensors say 35.7 C.
So...
- How much slower do the ducklings develop at a lower temperature?
- Is it a given that they will just develop slower, but will come there in the end, or is there a temperature defficiency when they would give up?
- How long would it be sensible for us to wait, leaving the eggs inside, after today's Day 28?

It seems that the incubator is dyslexic, it shows 37.5 C when sensors say 35.7 C.
So...
- Is it a given that they will just develop slower, but will come there in the end, or is there a temperature defficiency when they would give up?
- How long would it be sensible for us to wait, leaving the eggs inside, after today's Day 28?
Two degrees cooler over the whole incubation period can make a difference of a couple of days. I would leave the eggs in there until definitely proven that they are dead.

So...
As long as the eggs are not stinking, I would hang in there for even as long as an extra week. I am a very patient person though, I drive a school bus if that tells you anything, lol.

Back
Top Bottom