oh me oh my!! I just had the most wonderful idea!! I could not find any recently hatched Gosling friends for Frankie anywhere near me- BUT- I just remembered- my Tractor Supply has ducklings!! What if I just go pick up a couple of them? Last time I was there I saw some pretty big ones for $.50 each.!!!!! 🥳🤩🥳🤩🥸
Eggse!ent idea

oh me oh my!! I just had the most wonderful idea!! I could not find any recently hatched Gosling friends for Frankie anywhere near me- BUT- I just remembered- my Tractor Supply has ducklings!! What if I just go pick up a couple of them? Last time I was there I saw some pretty big ones for $.50 each.!!!!! 🥳🤩🥳🤩🥸
Maybe it was made up for this book l read but presumably there is a saying : coincidence is the messenger of truth. So I guess you should take the universe's hint :)

Thank you everybody for info about the cooling time.

Our two little ducklings are now 2 weeks old and we can see the start of what will be feathers appearing.

They don't seem to particularly care for the heat plate anymore.

Over the day it's mostly around 20 C (68 F) outside, more in the sun, and overnight they have around 18 C (64 F) in the garage with the heat plate running. But whenever we come and have a look they are not under the plate.

Are these conditions good enough to just switch the plate off and pack it up for the next batch of ducklings?

Thank you everybody for info about the cooling time.

Our two little ducklings are now 2 weeks old and we can see the start of what will be feathers appearing.

They don't seem to particularly care for the heat plate anymore.

Over the day it's mostly around 20 C (68 F) outside, more in the sun, and overnight they have around 18 C (64 F) in the garage with the heat plate running. But whenever we come and have a look they are not under the plate.

Are these conditions good enough to just switch the plate off and pack it up for the next batch of ducklings?
i’d wait another week or so

I got distracted and left the incubator open for 25 instead of 10 minutes for the daily cooling... Not good but how bad?
Oh no! - Now your incubator is broken!
Just kidding. I had momma ducks leaving their nests for half a day or longer and still the eggs hatched. The further into the incubation process the less vulnerable are the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom