The Rhodebar thread!

Last edited:
I would not buy eggs unless the person could show a picture of the males and females she or he uses for breeding. If they will not answer questions, they may not know enough to answer the questions. Too many scammers.

My next step in my rhode bar work was to change the E locus of my birds from wheaten to brown. I think this would have helped darken the color of the females. I did not do it- so I can not say if it will work for sure. The brown allele works differently than the wheaten allele on the cell level- I think this would have made a difference. I would have used barnevelder to darken the color.

You could tell from the chick down if the birds were brown or wheaten.

Tim

No...looking it through and considering. If the single roos with single genes are barred, are the chicks with single vs double genes different looking? Or as adults. Just wondering how you would know which to cull when you get to that step.

Glad I stumbled across this post. Very interested in the Rhodebars and other auto sexing breeds. I am thinking about starting a project like this. Sounds fun, and though takes a lot of patience. Hmmm, not sure if I have enough. Been waiting for yours Cheryl! Jeremy, glad to know you are working on it too. Two projects close to me, that makes me happy!

Back
Top Bottom