The Rhodebar thread!

Pics
As they dry more and time passes, I see more differences. Four of them have white on their heads - more of a diffused white area than a spot on three of them. Then the other seven don't have white on their heads. Look at these two photos I just now took:

Would that be auto-sexing - with the four with white spots the males, and the others female? (Or am I just very wishfully thinking right now? LOL)

I'd say you're probably correct, but I'd keep track of who you think is a cockerel and who you think is a pullet by banding them or by raising them in separate brooders until you have an answer for sure. Good luck! Please keep us updated!

I'd say you're probably correct, but I'd keep track of who you think is a cockerel and who you think is a pullet by banding them or by raising them in separate brooders until you have an answer for sure. Good luck! Please keep us updated!

I'm selling them on Rare Breed Auctions since I don't have room for more chicks right now. I will band them, though, and ask the person who gets them to let me know if the ones with the white heads do indeed ending up being boys.

I'm selling them on Rare Breed Auctions since I don't have room for more chicks right now. I will band them, though, and ask the person who gets them to let me know if the ones with the white heads do indeed ending up being boys.

Do you plan on selling some more next Spring?
smile.png

Do you plan on selling some more next Spring?
smile.png

I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do with my unusual Rhodebar flock. Part of the decision depends on how well these chicks sell. If I had it to do again, I'd probably keep one of the ones I think is male and a couple of the ones I think are female from these new chicks - but I've already put up the ad for all of them. But I can always hatch out more.

Hey nicalandia

What kind of info do you have on making Wybars?
as fas a I know they are barred silver laced wyandotte, so making them should not be so difficult, just introduce the barring gene on the silver laced wyandotte and thats it..keep going back to silver laced and then do a sibling cross to obtain double barred roosters and you have your Wybars

Just thought I would update pic's from 2 and half week old Rhondebar @ RIR chicks wing patterns...Any thoughts or comments welcome!!!

This one darker and has chipmunk strips............

Second one was blonde in color when born............

All of this talk about cross breeding and everything made me remember a thought I had way back when they were first being sold. I noticed that one of the roosters had an almost solid black (with white barring) breast with no sign of red in the breast. I just figured it was a bad looking bird but looking back, it makes sense now...

Rhodebar pairs, female on the right, male on the left

male on the right, female on the left

Is this the same pair as earlier, the roo seem to be darker this time or maybe it's the light........They are looking really good
thumbsup.gif
......Do the Rhodebar hens get broody? I haven't read anything anywhere on if the hens do or not!!

Back
Top Bottom