The silliest things

Now to act as if I am Jasper, my Old English Game Bantam mix cockerel . . . who has an annoyingly scratchy, loud crow!

Jasper:
"A car went by!" *CROW*
"I saw a human from a mile away!" *CROW*
"The rooster and other cockerels are crowing, time for dominance!" *REPEATED CROWING*
"The human just walked into the pen!" *CROW*
"Oh no, the human is looking in the nesting box!" *CROW* + *OCCASIONAL FLOGGING*
"THE HUMAN IS TRYING TO CATCH ME, HELP! I'M GOING TO GET KILLED I JUST KNOW IT!" *SCREAM* *CROW*

Now to act as if I am Jasper, my Old English Game Bantam mix cockerel . . . who has an annoyingly scratchy, loud crow!

Jasper:
"A car went by!" *CROW*
"I saw a human from a mile away!" *CROW*
"The rooster and other cockerels are crowing, time for dominance!" *REPEATED CROWING*
"The human just walked into the pen!" *CROW*
"Oh no, the human is looking in the nesting box!" *CROW* + *OCCASIONAL FLOGGING*
"THE HUMAN IS TRYING TO CATCH ME, HELP! I'M GOING TO GET KILLED I JUST KNOW IT!" *SCREAM* *CROW*
Exactly!!! Don't forget
"That hen right there is clucking. Is she laying? I GUESS SO" *CROW*

Since we seem to be on a roll of talking about what our male chickens crow at, I'm going to sum up all of my males because I find them all to be hilarious. (Sorry if I'm half-changing the subject, I just find it funny!)

 Phoenix: The old Cochin/Ameraucana hybrid rooster who "breeds" sideways, half-falling off the hen, and doesn't know how to defend himself against predators and also runs from butterflies. Not to mention the fact that he allows the cockerels to wing-dance and fight his hens through the fence.

Jasper: The Old English Game Bantam mix cockerel who thinks everyone is out to kill him and crows at everything. Also flogs people who are collecting eggs from the nesting box and for some reason prefers to spend his whole day pacing up and down the pen's fences and wing-dancing at Phoenix's hens even though he has pullets of his own.

 Slate: The Blue Cochin Bantam cockerel who is one of the most annoying, silly, cute and funny things all at the same time. He literally does not stop food-clucking at everything, even if it is a piece of poop, and the pullets have learned to ignore him because all he does is lie. He wing-dances at everyone he gets a chance to and screams at every fallen leaf, but his super bold personality has for some reason made the other cockerels scared of him, even though he's a small little fluff ball.

Winter: The Buff-Laced Polish cockerel who is very flighty and silly-looking, as most Polish are. He ignores the fact that he has pullets of his own and goes for Phoenix's hens instead on the other side of the fence. And for some reason he is scared of Slate, even though he is three times his height.

Orchid: The Speckled Sussex cockerel who was nice to everyone and wanted to get picked up by humans, but, also like Winter, then got scared off by that little fluff ball known as Slate and now he and his two pullets roam in the front yard mainly so they can get away from the terrifying, annoying, loud, SLATE!

Back
Top Bottom